Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know this 64 Commander?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...4796&rd=1&rd=1
    I'd really like to bid on this car and build it over my 63 but the seller (who is a newbie) will not answer my questions [}]

Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

64 Daytona 4dr Sedan

Looks to be a Canadian car (white steering wheel), and could possibly be a Commander Special (Canadian only) as it appears to have Daytona seat trim....although this could have been changed later. The Commander Special two-door sedan in '64 did have Daytona seat trim.

Interesting car, although it just kills me that somebody missed the proper mounting place for the "8" emblems on the front fenders and drilled holes about six inches in the wrong direction! Very hard to correct, and could have been avoided by about two minutes of inspection work on the original fenders before mounting the replacement fenders!!

Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Comment

Looks to be a Canadian car (white steering wheel), and could possibly be a Commander Special (Canadian only) as it appears to have Daytona seat trim....although this could have been changed later. The Commander Special two-door sedan in '64 did have Daytona seat trim.

Interesting car, although it just kills me that somebody missed the proper mounting place for the "8" emblems on the front fenders and drilled holes about six inches in the wrong direction! Very hard to correct, and could have been avoided by about two minutes of inspection work on the original fenders before mounting the replacement fenders!!

Bill Pressler
      Kent, OH
      Bill Pressler
      Kent, OH
      (formerly Greenville, PA)
      Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
      Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
      1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
      1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
      All are in Australia now

Comment

Todd ...that looks like it'd be a great car to get, being a Cdn car there were only 860 2dr Commanders made in Hamilton ....bring her back home ! <g>

HOME of THE FRIED GREEN TOMATO

1950 2R5
        1960 Lark 2dr
        1960 Champ
        1964 Daytona HT
        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Todd ...that looks like it'd be a great car to get, being a Cdn car there were only 860 2dr Commanders made in Hamilton ....bring her back home ! <g>

HOME of THE FRIED GREEN TOMATO

1950 2R5
          1960 Lark 2dr
          1960 Champ
          1964 Daytona HT
          sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I think this car was listed on the Sacramento Craigslist a few weeks back. The seller was asking $5,000. Don't know if someone purchased it to flip or if this is the same seller -my guess is it's the same seller since they have zero feedback.

Comment

I think this car was listed on the Sacramento Craigslist a few weeks back. The seller was asking $5,000. Don't know if someone purchased it to flip or if this is the same seller -my guess is it's the same seller since they have zero feedback.

Comment

5 grand and now he starts at $500 with no reserve? I wonder if he realizes he is bound to sell the car if it sells for under that.. Still, if he doesn't answer my questions I ain't gonna bid!
                Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

64 Daytona 4dr Sedan

Comment

5 grand and now he starts at $500 with no reserve? I wonder if he realizes he is bound to sell the car if it sells for under that.. Still, if he doesn't answer my questions I ain't gonna bid!
                  Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

64 Daytona 4dr Sedan

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Bill Pressler

I'm inclined to believe it indeed is a Commander Special by the dual headlights, floor carpeting, and seats. There was one here identical to that car on Ebay, engine, color and all, but the owner drove into the ground. It was bought new by her grandfather, and she inherited it, and despite us informing her it was a rare model, she continued to drive it through the salt in winter, etc. It ended up in the autowreckers about 12 or so years ago

Craig

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Bill Pressler

I'm inclined to believe it indeed is a Commander Special by the dual headlights, floor carpeting, and seats. There was one here identical to that car on Ebay, engine, color and all, but the owner drove into the ground. It was bought new by her grandfather, and she inherited it, and despite us informing her it was a rare model, she continued to drive it through the salt in winter, etc. It ended up in the autowreckers about 12 or so years ago

Craig

Comment

The ad is now gone. Pulled by the seller or by eBay?

He ran a similar ad last week that was also pulled early in the auction...except I'd swear it was a 4 door car then.

I sent him some questions on the first ad and he didn't respond.

Probably rookie mistakes?

Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA

Comment

The ad is now gone. Pulled by the seller or by eBay?

He ran a similar ad last week that was also pulled early in the auction...except I'd swear it was a 4 door car then.

I sent him some questions on the first ad and he didn't respond.

Probably rookie mistakes?

Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Yes, he did have a 4 door on there last week. I think it got pulled because he isn't listing the cars under the vehicles for sale section..
                            Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

64 Daytona 4dr Sedan

Comment

Yes, he did have a 4 door on there last week. I think it got pulled because he isn't listing the cars under the vehicles for sale section..
                              Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

64 Daytona 4dr Sedan

Comment

Working...
                              X