No announcement yet.

January 2010 Turning Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I got my January TWs today ! Thats fast for here in Ontario , only problem is it came with out an envelope or this clear plastic wrapper I've heard has been used . It has a sticker with our name and address on it , I won't comment on how it looks , it was folded in half and it didn't help that it is raining today . Hope Art reads this ....this isn't going to be a very good way at all

[IMG]
    Home of the Fried Green Tomato
    "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
    1964 Daytona HT
    1966 Daytona SS
    sigpic

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I agree with 2r5 mine came today,used to be in an envelope that said DO NOT BEND,mine was all folder up ansd jammed in my mail box.Not a good way to deliver.Contents were very good Ray Martin in Ontario

Comment

Tain't Art's fault.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

No one said it was Art's fault....just that Art has some power

[IMG]

1960 Champ
          1964 Daytona HT
          1966 Daytona SS
          sigpic

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

We are currently in Florida and our daughter called today to advise that the January Turning Wheels arrived on December 31st, not in any sort of bag, and NOT sent first class mail as paid for. Sorry to be a pain Art but this is the third straight month we're not receiving it first class mail. As you can see from other posts, there is now no difference between publications mail and first class. PLEASE communicate with the printer/mailing house and get this straightened out.
            Stu Chapman

Comment

I came home to mine yesternight. It somehow escaped the jaws of the "death sorter", unscathed (does not happen very often), and looks fine to me. The print is a tad lighter on some pages, which affects the pics more than anything, but it isn't bad enough to worry about. And yes, it does indeed, smell different. That's one of the first things I noticed... not sure if the HOT girl at the laundromat was smiling at me, or at the fact she busted me sniffing my magazine... LH

Straight from the horse's mouth

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Lark Hunter

...not sure if the HOT girl at the laundromat was smiling at me, or at the fact she busted me sniffing my magazine...
                "I don't care who you are, [u]THAT'S</u> funny!"

By the way, when I useta drag race, they made me take the hubcaps off. How'd those guys on the cover get to keep theirs on?

John

Update: Left off "take". Didn't make a whole lotta sense. Sorry

Comment

Just rec'd my January copy today up here in the cold North near Hamilton, Ontario. No envelope, folded in two and badly creased, plus corners bent over & tattered. Still waiting for my December copy. Not nice for those of us who appreciate a pristine copy of this superb publication for their Studebaker library. Hopefully some one can fix this soon.

On the positive side, another terrific issue with color pics and all...thanks to Ann & Art.

Barry Leppan
                  Ontario, Canada
                  64 Daytona R-1 Convertible & 64 GT Hawk R-1
                  GT Hawk Registry-SDC Hamilton Chapter
                  Barry Leppan
                  Ontario, Canada
                  64 Daytona R-1 Convertible & 64 GT Hawk R-1
                  GT Hawk Registry & SDC, Hamilton Chapter [IMG]

Comment

Mine came today, no envelope or jacket, but in the best condition in months. My mailman, "Mr. Bobby" even folded it the proper way to get it in the box.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
                    Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

I received my January TW on New Year's Eve (Dec. 31st) in Zip Code 23093. No bag, in excellent shape, quality seems as good as before. I was amazed to get it so quickly as my December issue just arrived last week. I have no complaints and hope my TW's will come at the end of the month as they did once upon a time. I'm happy.[8D]

Frank Drumheller
                      Louisa, VA
                      60S-W6
                      '48 M16-52 Boyer-bodied fire truck

Comment

I got mine today. (South Florida) It too was badly creased from being folded. Itg also had some dirty finger prints on it. Six of the pages were folded at the bottom and not cut free from the adjoining page. A little work with the scissors and it's good as new. I agree the print quality and content is first rate.

Doug
                        Venice, Florida
                        1950 Champion
                        9G F1

Comment

Art,
                          I got my January issue of TW on Dec.31, 2009. Good condition, good articles, lots of color. What's not to like?

P.S. I noticed in the Cedar Rapids SDC INT. MEET issue, no picture was in for the Studebaker Truck Farmers. This meet was well attended by our truck lovers, and a group picture was taken. If you don't have it, I'll forward a copy and maybe we can get a mention in another issue. For your information, we now have close to 360 members. too many to not be in TW.

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
                          53 Starliner Hardtop
                          Newton Grove, NC

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 2R5

Well I got my January TWs today ! Thats fast for here in Ontario , only problem is it came with out an envelope or this clear plastic wrapper I've heard has been used . It has a sticker with our name and address on it , I won't comment on how it looks , it was folded in half and it didn't help that it is raining today . Hope Art reads this ....this isn't going to be a very good way at all
                            Mine arrived today and in a similar condition to yours (by the sound of it) Bob. Problem for us (Canadians) is without that envelope marked "Do Not Fold", Canada Post will apparently feel compelled to jam it into the small compartment many of us have that use "Supermailboxes" (as mandated by the PO).
                            A few members of our Chapter have already let me know their TW was received in similar condition and I have taken the liberty of sending a letter to the overseers of TW to find out why this change was necessary and if any relief might be contemplated.

As many have stated, the quality of the magazine remains high, but the delivery methodology is slipping.

<h5>Mark
                            '57 Transtar Deluxe
                            Vancouver Island Chapter
                            http://visdc.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
                            '66 Commander
                            Zone Coordinator
                            Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

I posted on Art's thread about the December TW that I finally received mine on Jan 6, which is 2 days ago. I got my January issue today!!![^] Not in an envelope.[xx(] Undamaged other than being bent by the postperson to fit my mailbox. When it is in an envelope, itis never bent. I believe all magazines delivered in Canada are required to be in envelopes and that the post office reserves the right to withhold delivery if they aren't.

Terry

Comment

I just got mine today. No envelope or plastic bag as stated/confirmed in President's Message. Fortunately (?), it is so cold that it arrived dry and in reasonable shape. (bent in middle)

The magazine articles and pictures are as excellent as usual. The printing seems to be about the same. (excellent too)

I think I would prefer it to arrive in a cover of some sort - wondering what the extra cost is and whether it is worth the replacement costs of the magazine. I guess we'll find that out in the next few months.

Comment

Working...
                                X