No announcement yet.

January 2010 Turning Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Received 2010 issue. No plastic jacket, No problem with condition. Typo errors not publisher fault.

Richard

Comment

I received my Jan. issue yesterday. I would like to know when they were mailed? I live only one Postal Facility away, in the same county as the mailing point!!!! As you may or may not know, the Postal Service (my employer) curtails bulk mail during the Holiday Season, in an effort to eliminate paying Christmas overtime. But they are not to hold Second Class Mail! Hmmmm?????
      As for the condition and quality? I'm in the same boat as 57fury, mine must have been on top of a tightly banded bundle. Banding marks, roughed up edges, and top left corner dog-eared! I blame the printer on this. As for quality vs. Good Printers? I think the new guys have big shoes to fill!!!
      Just a tip, my fellow Rural Carrier rolls my issue width wise when placing it in my Rural Mailbox, no damage issues there :-) Jim S.
      I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

quote:Originally posted by BobGlasscock

"Drive your Studebaker, September 4, 1020". I'm betting someone with computer skills could take a BC cartoon with (is it?) Peters wheel sales and label a wheel with a lazy S. That would make the date closer.
        High school photo? Why not paint it yellow? LH

Straight from the horse's mouth

Comment

quote:Originally posted by LarkTruck

Sorry for the double post! JS
          You can always can one of your duplicates by clicking the little trash can icon at the top of one of the posts. LH

Straight from the horse's mouth

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Retired

Received 2010 issue. No plastic jacket, No problem with condition. Typo errors not publisher fault.

Richard
            Maybe you mean that the typo is not the printer's fault (that I would agree with). I see it as an editor's problem.

Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Got my Jan. issue today here in North Carolina. No problems, no plastic jacket.

Comment

Would really like to receive Decembers issue-thank you very much!

Comment

got my jan.2010 today(29 DEC 2009) THE COVER IS A BIT THICKER,and using a better grade of recycled paper. nothing else different.

2006,f-150,2x4,v-6,5-speed manual,8ft bed, will post stude info when i get it on the road.

Comment

Recived my Jan T.W. today will read it in the morning cold in Atlanta in the am.

Lenny
                    Atlanta Ga.

Comment

Got mine today in Douglasville, Ga.
                      In perfect condition, unwraped.
                      Didn't read it. Scanned through it. Looks like some really great articles. I think I'm gonna really enjoy reading it if and when I get time.

I am in the process of getting parts and pieces gathered up for the May 2010 South Bend Swap meet. How about you?

Jerry Forrester
                      Forrester's Chrome
                      Douglasville, Georgia
                      Be sure to check out my eBay store
                      http://stores.ebay.com/CHROME-CHROME-CHROME
                      for your shiny Stude stuff.

More pix of Leo the '55 Pres HT here...http://tinyurl.com/2gj6cu
                      Jerry Forrester
                      Forrester's Chrome
                      Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Received mine today torn and crimped edges like it was shut in a door. Quess Ill need to make a replacement call.

Tom

sigpic

Comment

Received my Jan. 2010 issue on the Dec. 24. It was not in a bag, but was in fine condition anyway. No funny ink smell, printing good, all in all it was nearly identical to any previous issue in the past.

Dean

CLEM DESEE MISTY
                          Dean

CLEM

Comment

Got mine today. I have not read it all yet, but boy does it look like a good issue. Okay I'm off to read every word of it right now!

Joe Roberts
                            '61 R1 Champ
                            '65 Cruiser
                            Editor of "The Down Easterner"
                            Eastern North Carolina Chapter
                            Joe Roberts
                            '61 R1 Champ
                            '65 Cruiser
                            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

My Jan 10 issue of TW arrived on Monday. This is the earliest I have received an issue in a very long time. Generally it arrives on or about the 8th of the month. It arrived in great condition. The content is fabulous as is the clarity of the print and crispness of the pages. The covers are clear and the colors bold. Pages seem to be whiter than in the past which just improves an already great magazine even more. many of the problems that have been expressed here are the result of the USPS's use of automated sorting equipment and not within the control of our printer or editors. Based on other publications I receive the problem is widespread and as a matter of record will continue into the foreseeable future as they continue their quick conversion to all automated sorting in an effort to not go bankrupt or raise the cost of shipping to more the cost of printing.
                              sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Got the Jan. issue yesterday, 12/23. It arrived in fine shape. Love all the color!javascript:insertsmilie('')

Rick
                                Kingman, AZ

"Leroy"
                                Happy is he who knows the cause of things
                                Rick
                                Kingman, AZ

Comment

Working...
                                X