Photo request for 61 Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo request for 61 Hawk

To the members with 61 Hawks, could you post or e-mail photos showing the interior & engine compartment of your car. I would like some kind a nice reference so I know what mine should look like when I'm done. Should also help identify what is wrong or missing on mine. I have found posts showing the outside of the car from most angles, just nothing showing these areas.

Thanks
    Wayne
    "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

blackhawk61 has lots of pics of his beautiful Black '61 4 speed Hawk.

I could not find a way to search his old posts to find it, maybe in the Members cars Forum there are some underhood & Interior pics, not sure, I could not find it either, given more time I think you could.[^]

Try: engine compartment, engine color, 61 Hawk or something close in the Search window. If you narrow it to Title only, or Tech. Forum only, then General Topics only, it would not max it out and "time out".

StudeRich
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Sometimes the search doesn't work.

Where's Ray F. when ya need him?

Matthew Burnette
      Your Friendly Stude Trim Bender

Comment

It's here under blackhawk61

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2

Studebaker Diners Club

Comment

This one has a stunning NOS all-vinyl interior.

More unique is the standard cloth & vinyl interior which had little Hawk emblems emboridered in the cloth material.

Craig

Comment

1961 Hawk 4BC,4-SPEED,TT

Ken Byrd
            Lewisville,NC
            1961 Hawk ...4-Speed;4bc;Twin Traction

Ken Byrd
            Lewisville,NC

Comment

1961 Hawk 4BC,4-SPEED,TT

Ken Byrd
              Lewisville,NC
              1961 Hawk ...4-Speed;4bc;Twin Traction

Ken Byrd
              Lewisville,NC

Comment

I think this is what wdills is looking for:

Ken's Hawk is a very close to correct, original restored car! []

StudeRich
                StudeRich
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

I think this is what wdills is looking for:
                  Ken's Hawk is a very close to correct, original restored car! []
                  The oil filter is too 'new' Rich!! Studebaker didn't start using that script until 1963!!

Interesting that pic of yours has the optional oil-bath air filter. Here's one with the standard paper air filter

Craig

Comment

Yeah Craig, but while YOU are picking nits, this Blue car has (nice) aftermarket valve cover Decals, wrong valve cover NUTS, full engine paint on the exhaust manifolds instead of overspray and rust!

The wrong forward Carb. return spring, wrong color on them both, the rear one should be Black, the forward one s/b Baby Blue and it has an Overdrive throttle Bellcrank, but no O.D. K/D Switch.

Both are without the stretchable Carb. Rod, I guess the Blue car is also a 3 or 4 speed Std. Trans.

Both are REALLY beautiful, they can have all that picky stuff wrong and no-one but a anal person like you or me would notice, who cares? [)]

Shoot, the next time these cars show up at an International Meet they'll get 400 points now, instead of 395! Lol!
                    Well maybe, if Ken leaves the Chrysler Wire Wheels home!

UPDATE: OPPS! messed up the forward spring: 2 Brl. are Black, 4 Brl. are Blue, I forgot it's a 4 Brl.!

StudeRich
                    StudeRich
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich
                      Both are REALLY beautiful, they can have all that picky stuff wrong and no-one but a anal person like you or me would notice, who cares? [)]
                      Very true, Rich! If one were to go all the way, both cars would have tar-top Willard batteries with individual caps on them.[8D] I'm well aware the blue one I got to see close up has a few non-authentic items such as that decal on the valve cover and worm-gear clamps, but it is still a fine example of an engine compartment for that year, and indeed, it is worthwhile to point these out to wdills should he be interested in authenticity.

It doesn't make a difference to me, since neither of them are mine!!

Craig

Comment

Should I post a pic of my very inaccurate engine Rich? LOL!!! Its gone a little further even,lol! Looks good though......

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
                        Dylan Wills
                        Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                        1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                        1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                        1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Thanks for all the response. Those are some great looking cars. Unfortunately, the more I see, the less I think my car is a 61. My interior is quite different. It looks more like interiors I have seen in pictures of 59 Silverhawks.

I am begining to think that the only part of my car that is a 61 hawk is the S/N tag and the body tag under the hood. I think somebody switched tags on my car. I just don't understand why anybody would switch from one hawk to another.
                          Wayne
                          "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X