Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• studeclunker
    replied
    My dad liked the WWII surplus gas cans. They look almost exactly the same as the ones commonly available now (except in California).

Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?

Leave a comment:

• studeclunker
    replied
    My dad liked the WWII surplus gas cans. They look almost exactly the same as the ones commonly available now (except in California).

Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?

Leave a comment:

• skyway
    replied
    For what its worth, the pictures of that Plymouth being buried in Tulsa, shows what appears to be a round gas can as part of the accessories.

Leave a comment:

• skyway
    replied
    For what its worth, the pictures of that Plymouth being buried in Tulsa, shows what appears to be a round gas can as part of the accessories.

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Blue 15G

For what it's worth, my parents moved to their place in the country in 1950, and the gas can Dad bought for lawnmower gas was red, round, 2 gallons in size, and had GASOLINE painted on the side of it about 2 inches tall. I know this for sure because we still have the can! That stuff was built to last back then.
    The clue is a WOOD handle, not plastic!!

Craig

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Blue 15G

For what it's worth, my parents moved to their place in the country in 1950, and the gas can Dad bought for lawnmower gas was red, round, 2 gallons in size, and had GASOLINE painted on the side of it about 2 inches tall. I know this for sure because we still have the can! That stuff was built to last back then.
    The clue is a WOOD handle, not plastic!!

Craig

Leave a comment:

• Blue 15G
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Blue 15G
    replied

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Bob

Just curious as to what shape of gas can was popular around 1950? Military? Square? Round?

Doing some searches on google, I've seen some interesting designs, but nothing pointing to an exact year.

'50 Champion Starlight
    '71 Swiss 404 Unimog
    I remember round ones of 2.5 and 5 gallons.

You are few days late if you want a round 2.5 gallon gas can. I left one in the garage of my father's house that I closed on this past Tuesday. I would have given it to anyone that wanted it for postage. I saved about 50 cartons of old stuff from the house and garage, but I couldn't save everything.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Bob

Just curious as to what shape of gas can was popular around 1950? Military? Square? Round?

Doing some searches on google, I've seen some interesting designs, but nothing pointing to an exact year.

'50 Champion Starlight
    '71 Swiss 404 Unimog
    I remember round ones of 2.5 and 5 gallons.

You are few days late if you want a round 2.5 gallon gas can. I left one in the garage of my father's house that I closed on this past Tuesday. I would have given it to anyone that wanted it for postage. I saved about 50 cartons of old stuff from the house and garage, but I couldn't save everything.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)

Leave a comment:

• Swifster
    replied
    Check out Ebay too. You'd be surprised how much of the old stuff is still around. Ebay can be a great reference even if you're not looking to buy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Leave a comment:

• Swifster
    replied
    Check out Ebay too. You'd be surprised how much of the old stuff is still around. Ebay can be a great reference even if you're not looking to buy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Leave a comment:

• Bob
    started a topic early fifties gas can?

early fifties gas can?

'50 Champion Starlight
    '71 Swiss 404 Unimog
Working...
X