No announcement yet.

"The Rarest Of The Rare Avanti II"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny thing, I ran across that blogspot last night.

The car is a real one of one 1969 factory supercharged 327 SBC Avanti II. Up until recently there was a neat YouTube video/movie taken of a road test report when the car was new. What great fun - they melted the rear tires at every opportunity (read: at every turn). Apparently whoever has the rights to the film decided they didn't want it on YouTube, so it was removed. www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPRYRTNWN9w

Thomas

Comment

sweetolbob is correct the car was in the Spring issue of the Avanti Magazine in 1998.
      sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

with that nose high stance the car would blow over about 150 MPH [:0].

Tom
        '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
        Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
        http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
        I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

The author is a fool who has no brain....how can this "thing" be confused with a Bonneville Record Breaker?????
          Originally posted by T-CAB View Post
          No wonder it has the wrong stance. It is an Avanti 11. The emblem is on the trunk lid and the front end. The engine looks a lot like a GM as well.

It is amazing how many "experts" are so dumb!

T-cab

[/IMG]

Comment

Eight year old thread.
            Skip Lackie

Comment

And your point is????
              Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
              Eight year old thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawklover View Post
                And your point is????
                A lot of us try to respond to an earlier post without realizing that it's several years old and the poster is no longer around or the whole issue is OBE. It's helpful to note the age of a thread when bringing back an old one.
                Skip Lackie

Comment

The date for each thread is right at the subject line for all to see.

Started by DEEPNHOCK, 12-14-2009 05:09 PM

Comment

Originally posted by Xcalibur View Post
                    The date for each thread is right at the subject line for all to see.

Started by DEEPNHOCK, 12-14-2009 05:09 PM
                    Yes. But if one scans down the first page of the general forum, nearly all are current, late 2017 threads -- so it's easy to fall into the trap of ignoring the origin dates. There's nothing wrong with resurrecting zombie threads, but including a warning that it's several years old is a helpful courtesy.
                    Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by Hawklover View Post
                      And your point is????
                      And I think all of the original respondents are still with us. Given the age of this group you can't always make that statement.

On another forum I belong to those that dredge up old threads are referred to as necroposters.
                      Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Working...
                      X