?? For Wagon Masters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?? For Wagon Masters

The sliding glass on the side of the 56 Parkview. Is it set in regular window chanel felt or is it something different. I've soaked it oiled it and they are not moving. It's 50 degrees and I need the windows back. Just kidding. But I would like to take care of some of it's problems. Bought new lower tail gate hinges and starting to put them on.

Well, short of going out and yanking it out of one of my larks, I'd go out on a limb and say... yes. You're talking about the felt-lined channel that presses up into the top and down into the bottom window channel slides? The measurements and appearance are the same as the window guides on the roll-up windows in all of my cars.

Now, how's that for a definite maybe?[:I]

Ok, you piqued my curiosity. So I went out and measured both. They both have the same measurements. So the window channel for the Lark windows will fit the Parkview. However, the channel in the Parkview is of a different construction. The larks have a metal channel with a chrome bead within which lies the felt lining that guides the window. The channel in the Parkview is similar though not a metal channel. I've no idea what it's made of. The stuff is softer, almost like a plastic or isinglass. Mine (praise God) are in pretty good shape. The top back (outside) part of the driver's side keeps sagging. Drives me nuts!

So, this is kind of like the radiator. Yeah it fits. Though it isn't correct. It'll work mechanically and you might lose a few points if a judge sees it later (and in winter temps does it matter?). Then again, you could use it for now and replace it later.

Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Well, short of going out and yanking it out of one of my larks, I'd go out on a limb and say... yes. You're talking about the felt-lined channel that presses up into the top and down into the bottom window channel slides? The measurements and appearance are the same as the window guides on the roll-up windows in all of my cars.

Now, how's that for a definite maybe?[:I]

Ok, you piqued my curiosity. So I went out and measured both. They both have the same measurements. So the window channel for the Lark windows will fit the Parkview. However, the channel in the Parkview is of a different construction. The larks have a metal channel with a chrome bead within which lies the felt lining that guides the window. The channel in the Parkview is similar though not a metal channel. I've no idea what it's made of. The stuff is softer, almost like a plastic or isinglass. Mine (praise God) are in pretty good shape. The top back (outside) part of the driver's side keeps sagging. Drives me nuts!

So, this is kind of like the radiator. Yeah it fits. Though it isn't correct. It'll work mechanically and you might lose a few points if a judge sees it later (and in winter temps does it matter?). Then again, you could use it for now and replace it later.

Lotsa Larks!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Thanks for the info. I moved it about an inch but can't get it back. I'm going to take the trim off the inside and do it right. Thanks

Comment

Thanks for the info. I moved it about an inch but can't get it back. I'm going to take the trim off the inside and do it right. Thanks

Comment

If anyone figures out what can be used that is new ,please let me know as I am going to be looking for something in a couple of months when mine goes back together.

Comment

If anyone figures out what can be used that is new ,please let me know as I am going to be looking for something in a couple of months when mine goes back together.

Comment

Working...
              X