• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary1953
    replied
    Thank you Keoni.

Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO
    President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.

Leave a comment:

• JGK 940
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Gary1953

Does anyone have a picture of these parts in place on a car...
    Courtesy of the recent eBay listing for a very pretty Speedster:

(edited for picture spacing)

Keoni Dibelka / HiloFoto
    In Hawai'i; on Hawai'i; on the Windward Side
    If da salt air never chew 'em up bumbye da lava will...

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Gary1953

Does anyone have a picture of these parts in place on a car or not installed?
    I have looked in the parts manuals and can not find them.
    Thank you,

Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO
    President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
    They were never offered by the factory as a part, they are part of the body shell. Classic enterprises sells them for GT's, but I don't think they do for the 53-58 HT's.

JDP/Maryland

Leave a comment:

• Gary1953
    replied
    Does anyone have a picture of these parts in place on a car or not installed?
    I have looked in the parts manuals and can not find them.
    Thank you,

Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

Leave a comment:

• Gary1953
    replied
    Does anyone have pictures of this extra reinforcing part in place or otherwise?
    Could you post?
    Thank you,

Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

Leave a comment:

• HawkGT
    replied
    If your friends' cars have had rust repair, then the floors may have been repaired without any attempt to replace the "hog troughs" that added rigidity. Other then those from dry climates, most of the early K bodies have lost their hog troughs due to rust - sometimes with the original floors still in tact.

Gene Nagle
    1963 Hawk R1

Leave a comment:

• dictator27
    replied
    My Canadian built K body has the extra reinforcing on the floor. All hardtops had it from the factory. Without it the body flexes too much. Jack the car up using the bumper jack and see what happens when you open the door. These cars have "rubber" frames. They need that extra strengthening.

Terry
    1927 Dictator sedan
    1954 Commander Starliner

Leave a comment:

• Flashback
    replied
    If they are original, they would have the Canadian
    I D on the glove box door, right? The rockers may have been
    "repaired". The heater delete is not unusual in older
    cars that were ordered and sent to a warm climate. Do
    you have a built sheet?

Tex E. Grier

Leave a comment:

• studedad
    replied
    sorry to tell you but the other two are hard tops also, as far as i know they are original. could they be canadian and mine us.mine also has no heater.

Leave a comment:

• Studeman
    replied
    You have a hardtop- the others are coupes. IE- your quarter windows roll down, theirs flip-out.
    The coupe body is more ridgid... than the hardtop- the sub-floor boxing was required for the hardtops

Ray

Specializing in Studebaker Restoration

Leave a comment:

• studedad
    started a topic 53 k question

53 k question

my 53 k has the underside from the frame to the rocker panels enclosed.i know of two others that are not enclosed.what is the difference?
Working...
X