55 regal champion---just curious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 55 regal champion---just curious

just curious about about a 55 champion i had a couple years ago. It was a a 55 champion hardtop(k)six cylinder, automatic, that was salmon and black, (faded to a nice pink by the time i got it.)with all the butterknife trim on the sides, and a blue(aqua)interior. I have never seen another like it, even just a six cyinder hardtop, let alone decked out like this one. It was mre deluxe than my president coupe. Anyone seen one like tis before? I hauled it out of Hawthorne, Nevada, and sold it to a guy in Napa.

they just keep following me home

Blue, do you remember the guys name you sold it to?, Steve Williams, Rick Anderson ?

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA
    canbstudebakers-
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

The guys name was Dan, he owned a winery, i believe it was Silver Creek Winery

Comment

not really tryin to chase it down, but wondering about that combo on a champion.

Comment

I have an early '55 spec booklet that shows the black and Pima Red (orange) combination on a Regal K body. It shows Aqua and Grey seat and door panels, and Aqua headlining. I can't say for certain that the later 'Spring' combination of black and Coraltone used the same interior scheme, but it may have.

Comment

We have a '55 Champion in the black and pink combination, but it's a 4 door sedan. It was my parent's daily driver in high school. It sports a 185 six cylinder with three speed manual? and is currently a parts car.

[IMG=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/55%20Studebaker%20Commander%20Streetrod%20Project/P1010531-1.jpg[/IMG=left]
            [IMG=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/55%20Studebaker%20Commander%20Streetrod%20Project/P1010550-1.jpg[/IMG=left]
            [IMG=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/Ex%20Studebaker%20Plant%20Locomotive/P1000578-1.jpg[/IMG=right]
            [IMG=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/My%201964%20Studebaker%20Commander%20R2/P1010168.jpg[/IMG=right]

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
            1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
            1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
            1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

I had a '55 four door regal Champion. It had 3 spd/od. I loved driving that car around town. But alas as I was trying to fix her up I discovered rust through beneath the stainless around the front windsheild. I could put three fingers through it is several places. I loved that butterknife trim on the side and the peppy 185 Champion engine, but couldn't see putting any more money into it and let it go.

The regal trim seemed to be a really rare option on a Champion of any body style. I often had mine called a Commander or President because of the trim.

Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Editor of "The Down Easterner"
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

It sounds just like the combo the book said, except in coral tone. I hope she gets restored. It was a goldmine of parts too, as i gave him all the trim and spare parts of my 55 president, including the 259, as i had decided to go the rod route with my c body president, and restore the k body to at least commander specs(the six was frozen).

Comment

Working...
                X