stephen studebaker interior kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stephen studebaker interior kit

Well I just opened up a kit I bought 4 years ago.1946 M5 TRUCK INTERIOR KIT...WHAT GARBAGE!!!!! I CAN NOT BELIEVE I PAID OVER $300 FOR THIS ****...VISER HOLES MISSING, FABRIC MISSING ON KICK PNLS, ROOF PNL, LWR RR DR PNLS, PIECES THAT GO OVER THE DOORS DONT FIT...
    DOOR PNL HOLES OFF 3/8" UNBELIEVEABLE...NOW i SEE HE'S OUT OF BUSINESS...JUST GREAT...[8]

Are you saying this was Steven Studebaker's interior business? No one by that name is an approved SDC Turning Wheels Advertiser! [:0]

StudeRich
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

$300 is not much for an interior kit. I wouldn't want pre-determined holes for the visors - I would prefer to fit the headliner, adjust where needed, THEN make the visor holes. Also consider that storage for four years may not have been good for fittment - some stuff becomes less pliable with age.

Thomas

Comment

Sorry to hear it's crap but seriously opening it four years after you bought it?
        Unless you were in a coma or on an extended vacation in Holland (= coma) I just don't understand.

Dean.

Comment

Don't fret, stude truck ineriors where not much better, back then trucks where considered utility and the fit and finish was marginal at best

Comment

IIRC the M's used a cardboard type material for the interior much like all other trucks of the time period. I'm with Thomas, I would rather have as little attaching holes cut as possible, so I can make it fit the way I want. Its a bummer that nothing fits and it cost 300 bones, but, Can you make most of what you have fit? Several years ago I bought my dad a headliner for his '64 F*rd F-350 (from a major F*rd parts supplier from the south, who shall remain nameless) for Christmas. It was $150 plus $75 truck freight for an over sized package, thats fine. Imagine my supprize on Christmas morning, when he opened it it was the wrong one[B)]. Cost $75 to ship it back and another $75 to get the 'right' one. Company claimed what I asked for didn't exist I needed a 4 piece set, they sent a 2 piece one which they claimed was correct. Let me interject, he bought this truck new! Well the 'right' one was wrong again another 2 piece set[B)][}]. SO we agreed to swap (for the one they assured me I was wrong about) at spring Carlise a few months away. I brought the wrong one with me, they forgot to load my replacement.....after several phone calls with the owner, they agreed to sent me the headliner I ordered in the first place and for once cover the shipping since they made the mistake. Well it showed up and it was wrong again, 4 piece but for a custom cab (perforated). It sat in the corner for a year and a half before my father and I tried to put it in. A year after that (now) it is still dangling and not finished. as far as it sitting for four years before you get to use it, I know how that goes too. Good luck with your truck and keep us posted.

Jon Krimm
            1962 Lark Sedan

1961 Champ

Comment

Check out Loga Enterprises as they have been in the interior panel business since 1985. They use water resistant card stock. http://www.studebakervendors.com/logaent.htm

So
              They
              Used
              Delco
              Electronics
              Before
              Autolite
              Kept
              Engines
              Running?

Brent's rootbeer racer.
              MN iron ore...it does your body good.
              sigpic
              In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I bought my interior for my 49 C-Cab 15 years ago from Logo Enterprises and has held up real well. The center is starting to look bad. But for 15 years that is not bad for cardboard.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2

Studebaker Diners Club

Comment

Could that have been Stephen Allen's Studebaker parts?

KURTRUK
                  (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln
                  KURTRUK
                  (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                  X