No announcement yet.

Did some work to the "Lawn-Lark" today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did some work to the "Lawn-Lark" today.

It's December 9th, the 46 anniversary of the South Bend plant closing. So, I decided to do something Studebaker related. I am in the process of repainting the "Lawn-Lark." One note, the Lawn-Lark is not a car. It is a super modified racing lawn tractor that looks, (and drives, sorta) like a Lark car. So, if studebaker ever built a racing lawn tractor, this is it! It goes 45-50 MPH.[:0] Number 25. Ill give detail about it on up coming threads about it, but is basically all (custom) studebaker, like a larkette only alot faster. Anyway, it was silver. It's getting a coat of metalic blue and chrome. This is just the front end, the grille. The mesh and badges and all that stuff are out while I paint. Not too bad for spray paint![8D][]

(Before)

(After)

The "Lawn-Lark" Part one...

Chris Dresbach
    Chris Dresbach

Strange hood design too. That blue part in the pic is fiberglass and bolts to a metal hood to make one piece. Thats how the hood was when it was stock. I'm confused...[?]

Chris Dresbach
    Chris Dresbach

Comment

Thats an old Sears ST, right?

Jon Krimm
      1962 Lark Sedan

1961 Champ
      Jon Krimm
      1962 Lark Sedan

1961 Champ

Comment

I think so. When it's all put toghether, you cant even tell it's a sears hood. I think thats the only part from sears on the thing!

Chris Dresbach
        Chris Dresbach

Comment

Working...
        X