• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rockne10
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    I've got a pair of good, solid doors I'd sell, but they'd have to go Greyhound and that would cost (I'm guessing here) about $80 bucks a door.
    They aren't so pretty that you'd just prime and paint them, but there's no rot at all.

I can say, that even with shipping, they'd be cheaper than paying a shop to fix yours.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1963 Cruiser
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

Leave a comment:

• Swifster
    replied
    X2 on the second opinion...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2161.27)

1964 Studebaker Commander 170-1V, 3-speed w/OD (Cost to Date: $623.67)

Leave a comment:

• jclary
    replied
    Just as in the medical profession...sometimes a "second opinion" is required. If the body shop you are dealing with spend most of their time repairing fender benders...they might not really want the work. If the "weep holes" are there to have rust around them...it might just be that to someone else they are repairable. Also, it could be just the price threshold that could motivate you to buy your own welder and learn to do your own work. Either way, good luck with your project.

John Clary
    Greer, SC

Life... is what happens as you are making plans.
    SDC member since 1975

Leave a comment:

• PVacco
    started a topic Coupe Doors Needed

Coupe Doors Needed

Just got the word from the body shop that the rust around the weep holes on my 51 coupe's doors is too extensive to repair at a price that makes sense and I have been advised to seek out some replacements.

Therefore, does anyone know of someone that has a couple of solid doors for a 51 coupe that they want to sell?

Would appreciate any leads.

Thanks

51 Starlight
Working...
X