This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 56 Hubcap AC 62

Does anyone know which hubcap is the AC 62? My car has 57 hubcaps on it now, but I would like to put the correct hubcaps on it. I looked in my parts book and it lists several different options for 56, but none of them match my production order.

56 Hubcap AC??

57 Hubcap

Thanks,
    David

The upper picture is correct for '56. It's AC-2738

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

The upper picture is correct for '56. It's AC-2738

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President 2-dr
      1955 President State
      1951 Champion Biz cpe
      1963 Daytona project FS
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

62 is the build sheet code for the AC-2738 wheel cover that Bob identified.

Dwain G.

Comment

62 is the build sheet code for the AC-2738 wheel cover that Bob identified.

Dwain G.

Comment

Thanks, the parts book just lists it as the AC-2738 with no reference to the AC 62 number.
            David

Comment

Thanks, the parts book just lists it as the AC-2738 with no reference to the AC 62 number.
              David

Comment

The top one is the set I have for my 56 wagon. Two of them came with the car and I assummed they were correct so I purchased two more. Are these correct for the 56 wagons also or are mine getting ready to be put up for sale??? Thanks

Comment

The top one is the set I have for my 56 wagon. Two of them came with the car and I assummed they were correct so I purchased two more. Are these correct for the 56 wagons also or are mine getting ready to be put up for sale??? Thanks

Comment

You would have get a production order for your wagon to be sure. The Power Hawk base hubcab was the small type, but mine was ordered with the full wheel covers. I don't think anyone would question the large hubcaps on your car as they would be optional equipment. Of course I have had people question the steering wheel in my car and it's original (standard on Golden Hawk). Anyway if you want to sell your hubcaps let me know. I am running the 57 caps on my car because I only have three usable 56 cap.
                    David

Comment

You would have get a production order for your wagon to be sure. The Power Hawk base hubcab was the small type, but mine was ordered with the full wheel covers. I don't think anyone would question the large hubcaps on your car as they would be optional equipment. Of course I have had people question the steering wheel in my car and it's original (standard on Golden Hawk). Anyway if you want to sell your hubcaps let me know. I am running the 57 caps on my car because I only have three usable 56 cap.
                      David

Comment

I have my prodution order in front of me. It says 670x15 4 WHT,ac 2768bz,ac2738z,xac2689,ac2742,ac2746z,ac2762z,ac2750B. It looks like ac 2762z is the hubcaps,I think. I will keep my caps as I think they look good on the wagon. My caps are painted in the middle like the 57's you show. They are not plain like the 56 you show.

Comment

I have my prodution order in front of me. It says 670x15 4 WHT,ac 2768bz,ac2738z,xac2689,ac2742,ac2746z,ac2762z,ac2750B. It looks like ac 2762z is the hubcaps,I think. I will keep my caps as I think they look good on the wagon. My caps are painted in the middle like the 57's you show. They are not plain like the 56 you show.

Comment

AC-2768 Climatizer
                            AC-2738 Chrome Wheel Disc
                            AC-2689 Manual Control Front Mount Antenna
                            AC-2742 Luggage Carrier
                            AC-2746 Starline Manual Tuning Radio
                            AC-2762 Automatic Back-up Light Kit
                            AC-2750 Automatic Cigarette Lighter

WoW! That's pretty well optioned out for the average Studebaker buyer in 1956!

Dwain G.

Comment

AC-2768 Climatizer
                              AC-2738 Chrome Wheel Disc
                              AC-2689 Manual Control Front Mount Antenna
                              AC-2742 Luggage Carrier
                              AC-2746 Starline Manual Tuning Radio
                              AC-2762 Automatic Back-up Light Kit
                              AC-2750 Automatic Cigarette Lighter

WoW! That's pretty well optioned out for the average Studebaker buyer in 1956!

Dwain G.

Comment

Working...
                              X