Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OUCH!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OUCH!

    Sorry. This sort of counters eye candy. Sort of like eye liver n onions.

    http://lakeland.craigslist.org/cto/1496711401.html

    Dave in IN
    1964 GT Hawk
    sigpic
    '89 Ford Festiva
    '90 Ford F250 4x4
    '14 Kia Rio
    '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
    '66 International Harvester pickup

  • #2
    Wish I had the money. That's just 15 miles from me. And I could find the parts.

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Mulberry, FL

    1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2161.27)

    1964 Studebaker Commander 170-1V, 3-speed w/OD (Cost to Date: $623.67)

    Tom - Bradenton, FL

    1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

    Comment


    • #3
      Is the person that did that still alive?

      Dean.

      Comment


      • #4
        quote:Originally posted by dean pearson

        Is the person that did that still alive?
        It's just an accident. The question is what was he doing without insurance on it? So what is a driver '63 Daytona worth with a 259, and an auto as a low #2 or high #3 without the damage? And with A/C.

        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Tom - Mulberry, FL

        1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2161.27)

        1964 Studebaker Commander 170-1V, 3-speed w/OD (Cost to Date: $623.67)

        Tom - Bradenton, FL

        1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

        Comment


        • #5
          Man that's a hard hit to wipe out the right side when hit from the left! OUCH is right.

          StudeRich
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

          Comment


          • #6
            Honest Dad...Someone hit it while I was in bed asleep....
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

            Jeff


            Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain



            Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

            Comment


            • #7
              I would have to look hard at the frame before I bit. Steve

              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                As an insurance adjuster, I'd be writing an estimate of repair before buying. A little frame sway wouldn't scare me. Buckles scare me...[:0]

                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Tom - Mulberry, FL

                1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2161.27)

                1964 Studebaker Commander 170-1V, 3-speed w/OD (Cost to Date: $623.67)

                Tom - Bradenton, FL

                1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

                Comment


                • #9
                  That sure is a bummer. Looks like a pretty easy fixer. I'm with Steve on the checking the frame. I happen to have a parts car with a usable frame. Too bad its on the wrong coast.[B)]

                  Gordon

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Definitely an easy fix- looks worse than it is. Hit high, so the frame probably has no crush, just a little sway. Easy to dependably correct with today's equipment. If the front clip was off it would look infinitely better.

                    Still worth saving, but it looks like it was a basic driver resto; so considering the cost of the parts needed alone I think he's a good $2K above a fair price for it.

                    Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                    Parish, central NY 13131

                    GOD BLESS AMERICA





                    Comment


                    • #11
                      quote:Originally posted by bams50

                      Still worth saving, but it looks like it was a basic driver resto; so considering the cost of the parts needed alone I think he's a good $2K above a fair price for it.
                      This is what I was thinking. I'm guessing the damage is around $5K for body shop work at a professional shop and current rates and doing everything correctly.

                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Tom - Mulberry, FL

                      1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2161.27)

                      1964 Studebaker Commander 170-1V, 3-speed w/OD (Cost to Date: $623.67)

                      Tom - Bradenton, FL

                      1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I'm in awe over the interior. That's the hard part for me to repair. Pretty nice deluxe driver!

                        Gordon


                        Comment


                        • #13
                          quote:Originally posted by Swifster

                          So what is a driver '63 Daytona worth with a 259, and an auto as a low #2 or high #3 without the damage? And with A/C.
                          I'd say it was probably a low to mid #3. Those look like Standard door panels, and maybe bad carpet. Pre-damage I'd put it at about $3-4K; depending on how the whole interior, floor, and rest of the paint really look in person. Your guess of $5K to fix is probably right, which means it's best chance is a backyard repair- remove damaged parts, farm out frame work, replace parts with combo of NS and used, paint front clip, assemble at home... and that's after a purchase price of $12-1500. Numbers wouldn't add up, but at least the car would be saved.

                          At the $2500 he's asking he's gettin' closer.......

                          Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                          Parish, central NY 13131

                          GOD BLESS AMERICA





                          Comment


                          • #14
                            quote:Originally posted by bams50

                            I'd say it was probably a low to mid #3. Those look like Standard door panels, and maybe bad carpet. Pre-damage I'd put it at about $3-4K; depending on how the whole interior, floor, and rest of the paint really look in person. Your guess of $5K to fix is probably right, which means it's best chance is a backyard repair- remove damaged parts, farm out frame work, replace parts with combo of NS and used, paint front clip, assemble at home... and that's after a purchase price of $12-1500. Numbers wouldn't add up, but at least the car would be saved.

                            At the $2500 he's asking he's gettin' closer.......
                            You know you just made the perfect case to part it out, don't you...?

                            [xx(]

                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Tom - Mulberry, FL

                            1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2161.27)

                            1964 Studebaker Commander 170-1V, 3-speed w/OD (Cost to Date: $623.67)

                            Tom - Bradenton, FL

                            1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                            1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Parts car $1000

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X