Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bondobilly
    replied
    I had the guy wo makes the diorams do me one with three cars, then I went and bought some Heki "O/G" scale trees. Looks great.

Leave a comment:

• tutone63
    replied
    Hey, thats a perfect match to mine!

Got mine on ebay a while back, I use it to cover my ugly radiator cap at car shows. When I don't use it for that, I have stitting on my transmission hump. It is also the wallpaper for my cellphone. (hence the fuzzy crummy camara phone pic. But hey, when the picture is only one inch by one inch, it looks pretty good.)

1963 Lark, 259 V8, two-tone paint, Twin Traction. Garaged for winter, receiving maintence for spring. (oh, and that there is my buddy, Nixon)

Leave a comment:

• 62SY4
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Studedude

Who is Ms. Dryden?

And, was, "Ms." used back then?
    I supppose the Ms. is an error on my part, should be Miss, she apparently never married. Helen Dryden was an artist/fashion designer/industrial designer in the 20's and 30's. She worked with Studebaker and Loewy.

Leave a comment:

• wolfie
    replied
    Kinda on topic, In a recent post someone here commented they had restored a number of old schwinn bicycles. Does anyone here know who it was? Thanks,Steve

Leave a comment:

• clonelark
    replied
    It'd go good with my bike, an original paint 1950 J.C. Higgins. Bought this after i had sold my 41 Willys and was at the old Pate swap meet with money in my pocket.

If it wasn't for the last minute i'd never get anything done.

Leave a comment:

• barnlark
    replied
    I have one of those Wheaties box Stude tins. I did some research on them when I got it and they were supposedly given out as medallions for kids to tie a kite string in two knots behind those holes and then wear them around their necks. (Of course, this was before huge diamond encrusted dollar sign necklaces became popular) Nice surprise gift, Mr. Lester. [^]

Rich's idea of putting it on a bike like a license plate sounds like a much better idea. My daughter proudly still has a vintage South Bend bike license plate on her mountain bike.

Leave a comment:

• buddymander
    replied
    Why are the headlights blacked out? I thought she was in the FBI's witness protection program..

Leave a comment:

• Anne F. Goodman
    replied
    Sorry Dave I had misplaced his card then found it again, then I forgot again. Thanks for the reminder. Here is his Card.

Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

Leave a comment:

• okc63avanti
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Studedude

quote:Originally posted by Anne F. Goodman

Wow congratulations nice toy
    Thanks, Anne... did you get my email requesting information from/on your wheel spinner guy?

www.davesplaceinc.com
    Dave,

Not sure which wheel spinners you are talking about but I have a name and contact for a Salesman with Halibrand, if the ones your talking about are the 5 spoke with optional spinner.

<div align="left">John</div id="left">

<div align="left">'63 Avanti, R1, Auto, AC, PW (under restoration)</div id="left">

Leave a comment:

• 62SY4
    replied
    IIRC, didn't Ms. Dryden have a hand in that red ball logo? Maybe she designed a bike, that would be perfect[}]
    Edit: I fould this, and hey it proves Studebaker is really 1st!

On the same site there was this. Anybody have one?

Jon Krimm
    1962 Lark Sedan

1961 Champ

Leave a comment:

• Chris Pile
    replied
    It's from a Wheaties box - they had a whole mess of them back in the day. Now referred to as "cereal premiums". Of course, the Studebaker one is the coolest.

Chris Pile
    Editor: The Studebaker Special
    http://midwaystudebakers.tripod.com/

Leave a comment:

• 62SY4
    replied
    Dave, Klif, Rich THANK YOU! A family friend of has some of these Chrysler, DeSoto, Hudson and Plymouth. I could NOT figure out what they were. Its sad, I'm 22 and the 'old folks', I mean uh hum, my dad, the owner, nor some 'experts' at a local antiques roadshow type event could identify them.
    Dave now you need a period correct bike to hang it off of

Jon Krimm
    1962 Lark Sedan

1961 Champ

Leave a comment:

• Bullet
    replied
    You still see them for sale on eBay fairly frequently, whole sets if you are interested.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    "Another Silly Trinket"

I thought OK, what is Dave bragging about now, new shag carpeting on the ceiling of the Quonset or something!

But I just HAD to look! Yes I remember those, you hung them on the back of your Bicycle seat, at least I did! Yes Probably Kelloggs Bran Flakes! I had/have a Stude. badge like that, of course there were also ALL makes of American cars (what else was there!). But YOU would not be elderly enough to remember those Dave! [^]

StudeRich

Leave a comment:

• klifton1
    replied
    It did. We have a full set here.
    Klif

55 Speedster
    63 Avanti R2
    63 Lark R2

Leave a comment:

Working...
X