Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough "R2" Avanti on eBay

From the listing:

This car has a great body and no rust at all it has been offf the road sencs 1976 i have omn it for 12 years it has been in my garage i am missing the block and steering box the crome is perfect as well as the glass this is a great PROJECT CAR it has a 4 speed poss rearend ft dic if you want to restore it or make a hot rod this is the car I have a low reserve i have been told this is a R2 car

Way too many questions unanswered, but might be worth a look if you're near San Jose.

http://tinyurl.com/yfu8qjv

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
    Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

If a fiberglass body rusts through, is it okay to patch the hole with steel?

Brent's rootbeer racer.
    MN iron ore...it does your body good.
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Tis truly a rough one.

Dean.

Comment

You have to weld in the patch panels with one of those fiberglass fence posts for a filler rod.

Jim
        Often in error, never in doubt

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________Rabid Snail Racing
        Jim
        Often in error, never in doubt
        http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

Those three words apply..............'part-it-out'

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Laemmle

It's a shame to lose any more than already are, but I would have to agree with you on this one Still, maybe the R2 stuff is in the trunk or laying around to go with it. If I was in the general area I'd definitely go and look- still potentially a pretty valuable parts car.

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

It's a shame to lose any more than already are, but I would have to agree with you on this one Still, maybe the R2 stuff is in the trunk or laying around to go with it. If I was in the general area I'd definitely go and look- still potentially a pretty valuable parts car.

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Sal and me have been watching it for months on Craigslist, might still jump.

JDP/Maryland
              JDP Maryland

Comment

John,

Either your middle name is "The Almighty".........or ya gots the deepest pockets outside of the beltway!

Comment

John,

Either your middle name is "The Almighty".........or ya gots the deepest pockets outside of the beltway!
                  Just turning cars at a profit builds up some cash flow. Sometimes my money is tied up inventory and I'm as broke as can be.

JDP/Maryland
                  JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Milaca

[b]
                    I don't know about "rust", but your question reminds me of one 1963 Avanti that I worked on many years ago. It had a steel plate in the right front fender as part of collision damage repair. When we got done with it, there was no longer any steel in the front fender.

Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

I'd buy and fix it if it were closer to me, shipping is the deal killer. I'm a sucker for a project and I have the steering box and a rebuilt Avanti R1 looking for a good home that would make this a doable project. Hope someone closer has the same inclination.
                      Ken

Comment

Gary,

You used to get your hands greasy?

Thibeault told me your finger nails have never seen a glint of filth.

quote:Originally posted by studegary

quote:Originally posted by Milaca

[b]
                        I don't know about "rust", but your question reminds me of one 1963 Avanti that I worked on many years ago. It had a steel plate in the right front fender as part of collision damage repair. When we got done with it, there was no longer any steel in the front fender.

Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Gary,

You used to get your hands greasy?

Thibeault told me your finger nails have never seen a glint of filth.

Dave T. must have a short memory. I ran a garage, worked full time in one and worked part time in a restoration shop. I also used to do everything on my own cars including the full tilt on one 1953 Commander Starliner including body panel replacement & repair, mechanical work (engine, front end, brakes, transmission, etc.), interior and lacquer paint job and also near everything on a custom 1949 Mercury (just a couple of examples). Maybe I was just better at cleaning up when it was time to go out to dinner, etc. <G>. Since Dave and I reside hundreds of miles apart, I realize that he only saw me at meets and flea markets.

Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Working...
                          X