Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sdude
    replied
    It's worth the membership fee just to get the SDC publication "Turning Wheels". If you haven't seen that magazine yet, you're in for a treat.

I would also echo the advice for good seatbelts. Getting your driver's licence only begins the learning process. It's an old car and has no built in safety features. You won't spoil the value of the car with such upgrades.

Jon Stalnaker
    Editor, Hawk Talks
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Leave a comment:

• candbstudebakers
    replied
    Welcome to Studebaker world and if you really like the 54 4 door Iam sure you will be seeing others on the forum you will also like and fall in love with just like every one has, you know they built the best looking cars ever and now we all own them, we are the lucky ones, good luck and have fun, also parts are no real problem to come by to keep it running. here is a picture of my grandson and his 64 super hawk he is 14 and has been a member for 8 years time sure does fly by when your having fun...Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA
    canbstudebakers-

Leave a comment:

• atomicrm
    replied
    Anyone know if the redish color shown on car above is a facory color? Anywhere I can find the colors that these cars would hve came off the line
    in? Want to try and paint it a factory color

Leave a comment:

• dean pearson
    replied
    This thread is amazing, Dang you MB you beat me to the offer plus I had no idea you were that young.
    I'm an old crusty dude of 47 and just love seeing all the young interest in these cars.
    Atomicrm, those pics posted by Craig look pretty cool to me, my first ride was a 64 El Camino when I was way too young to legally drive it and compared to that you have really scored here.
    It has a big back seat... Plenty of room to haul your friends around that don't have a car yet!
    For sure join the club and when you get ready for a different car be sure to keep that one.

Dean.

Leave a comment:

• DKing
    replied

Leave a comment:

• raoul5788
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by 63t-cab

Oh to be a TEEN again,get the car keep the car,at least until you replace it with another Stude!(or just start a collection) I would like to see how many teens have Studebakers.

Joseph R. Zeiger
    You, a teenager again!? You would need the wayback machine Mr Peabody used! [}]

Chip
    '63 Cruiser daily driver
    '57 Packard wagon on the road!

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    You're in Austin! Cool[8D] so to speak.[)]

Here's a link to the Texas SDC Chapters. Meeting local folks helps greatly in finding both local parts and service providers who have demonstrated knowledge and respect for our favorite marque.

http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/lc_TX.asp

Leave a comment:

• atomicrm
    replied
    haha dad wants to keep it very much original so unless its vital to safety it wont b changed.
    yea oen of the before mentioned teens should def start a thread. i would but someoen who already has their car should lol

Leave a comment:

• zoegrant
    replied
    Welcome....ask dad to install 3 point seat belts in that car if there are none presently in it and send us a picture of your car when you can.......John

quote:Originally posted by atomicrm

hi, first post here.
    dads great uncle left him a 53 land cruiser and dad is giving it to me as first car. just curious as to some specs on the car. any good sites to look at for specs and general tune up info?
    thanks

Leave a comment:

• 55champion
    replied
    I think it is great that teens are enjoying Studebakers. I got my first one,'59 Lark, at 16 way back in 1964. Enjoy the car and as has been said remember it is an old car and treet it as such. Would love to see you guys start a Teen owned Studebaker thread. Who knows TW may want to do an article on you guys.

Leave a comment:

• 63t-cab
    replied
    Oh to be a TEEN again,get the car keep the car,at least until you replace it with another Stude!(or just start a collection) I would like to see how many teens have Studebakers.

Joseph R. Zeiger

Leave a comment:

• atomicrm
    replied
    Glad to see I started a coming out of ages lol. Should start a thread somehwere dedicated to pictures of studebaker owned by teens.

Leave a comment:

• Chris_Dresbach
    replied
    Welcome! And I'm 15! (16 February)

Chris Dresbach

Leave a comment:

• silverhawk
    replied
    Welcome to the forum! BTW, I too am 16, glad to see another younger guy come!

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Here's two '54 Land Cruisers you can drool over for now. The only real obvious difference between the '53 and the '54 is the egg-crate grille.

Craig

Leave a comment:

Working...
X