Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 53 land cruiser

hi, first post here.
    dads great uncle left him a 53 land cruiser and dad is giving it to me as first car. just curious as to some specs on the car. any good sites to look at for specs and general tune up info?
    thanks

"All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

I know what that's like. I'll be 20 in just a couple of months.

It's good to see another young guy interested in these cars. It's $20 for your first year to join the SDC. If you plan to keep, fix up, and drive the Land Cruiser, I'll pay your first years dues. Those are your plans, right?

I've driven nothing but Studes since I was 16. What else is there?

Matthew Burnette
      Hazlehurst, GA

Biggs' H2O-Induction

Comment

yes im definitly keeping it. even if i didnt want it i dont have a choice its either that or no car at all haha. but im happy with it. my dad travels a lot with work so as soon as he gets a free weekend we will be driving up to kansas and picking up the car in 2 days. should be fun lol hopefully next weekend or over christmas break we will go get it. very generous offer of you mbstude. would hate to be a free loader but might take yopu up on that
        in the mean time any good sites for the 53 land cruiser i can look at? wana get it running as soon as possible when i get it. getting license the 14th so getting first car and license at around same time. you can imagine im excited.

Comment

welcome to the forum and studebakers. One thing you will find when you start to drive the car is that it is old and big with controls to match. As long as you drive it for what it is and remember that it wasn't ever sporty but was more of a land yaught it will serve you well. There are a lot of very knowledgable folks here that are more than happy to help you out. If you join the SDC as has been suggested you will find a lot of helpful friends out there too. One of the first things you will want to do is get a service manual which will help you understand what you are working with. A lot of parts are available at very reasonable prices.
          Most of all be safe and enjoy it. I look forward to meeting you at some future event.
          Rob

Comment

Here's two '54 Land Cruisers you can drool over for now. The only real obvious difference between the '53 and the '54 is the egg-crate grille.

Craig

Comment

Welcome to the forum! BTW, I too am 16, glad to see another younger guy come!

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
              Dylan Wills
              Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
              1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
              1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
              1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Welcome! And I'm 15! (16 February)

Chris Dresbach
                Chris Dresbach

Comment

Glad to see I started a coming out of ages lol. Should start a thread somehwere dedicated to pictures of studebaker owned by teens.

Comment

Oh to be a TEEN again,get the car keep the car,at least until you replace it with another Stude!(or just start a collection) I would like to see how many teens have Studebakers.

Joseph R. Zeiger
                    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

I think it is great that teens are enjoying Studebakers. I got my first one,'59 Lark, at 16 way back in 1964. Enjoy the car and as has been said remember it is an old car and treet it as such. Would love to see you guys start a Teen owned Studebaker thread. Who knows TW may want to do an article on you guys.

Comment

Welcome....ask dad to install 3 point seat belts in that car if there are none presently in it and send us a picture of your car when you can.......John

quote:Originally posted by atomicrm

hi, first post here.
                        dads great uncle left him a 53 land cruiser and dad is giving it to me as first car. just curious as to some specs on the car. any good sites to look at for specs and general tune up info?
                        thanks

Comment

haha dad wants to keep it very much original so unless its vital to safety it wont b changed.
                          yea oen of the before mentioned teens should def start a thread. i would but someoen who already has their car should lol

Comment

You're in Austin! Cool[8D] so to speak.[)]

Here's a link to the Texas SDC Chapters. Meeting local folks helps greatly in finding both local parts and service providers who have demonstrated knowledge and respect for our favorite marque.

http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/lc_TX.asp
                            "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                            sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 63t-cab

Oh to be a TEEN again,get the car keep the car,at least until you replace it with another Stude!(or just start a collection) I would like to see how many teens have Studebakers.

Joseph R. Zeiger
                              You, a teenager again!? You would need the wayback machine Mr Peabody used! [}]

Chip
                              '63 Cruiser daily driver
                              '57 Packard wagon on the road!
                              Chip
                              '63 Cruiser
                              '57 Packard wagon
                              '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                              '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Working...
                              X