Greyhound Shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greyhound Shipping

Has anyone shipped a C Cab Hood by Greyhound? Do they require boxing or wrapping?
    Allen

We have a former GH driver on the Forum who will correct me if I'm wrong but, I think only a shipping label is required if there are no loose parts.
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Allen, I've shipped fenders,with some cardboard around to give some protection for both parties.I've shipped hawk rear fenders in a homemade wood crate so not so much as a scratch would occur,best to go and talk to person at station!G.H. is great to deal with.

Joseph R. Zeiger
      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

At the Concord, NH bus depot they require wrapping. I use burlap with lots of tape, and put duct tape over any sharp edges. Glue label(s) on the item also in case the wrap gets legs.

Fred
        Fred

Comment

Fred I believe you were the one I bought some sheetmetal panels for a 62 2dr lark and they were sent by GH you did an excellent job on the packaging GH appreciated it very much cause you know what all the sharp edges can do riding along in the belly of a bus with someones luggage

Tom

sigpic

Comment

Yes Tom, I remember. Thanks for the kind comments. Taping the sharp edges also keeps the driver from cutting his hands!

Fred
            Fred

Comment

About how much does a C Cab hood weigh?
              Allen

Comment

Not sure,but I use the trusty ole bathroom scale.

Joseph R. Zeiger
                Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

As a driver, I've handled hoods, fenders, tires, rims and any number of other auto parts. The best thing to do is to pad the edges and wrap the item securely. I would strongly recommend taping a shipping label to the item itself before wrapping. That way, if the outside label should get lost, the inner will survive to get the item to it's destination. LOL, you'd be amazed what goes under a Greyhound!

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                  K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                  Ron Smith
                  Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                  Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                  K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                  Ron Smith
                  Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
                  X