Hey, Sals54

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, Sals54

Sal, be sure to check out the pic on page 23 of the December TW.

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, GA

Biggs' H2O-Induction

Matt, Thanks for the heads up, but I'll have to check out a copy from a friend.

sals54
    sals54

Comment

Maybe it's time you joined the club, you sure use it a lot.

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA
      canbstudebakers-
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

Really?? Sal's not a member?? I can't believe that- I must have read that wrong[?]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
        Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

No you didn't.

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA
          canbstudebakers-
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

You've gotta be chittin' me![:0] COME ON SAL! How ya gonna act[?] jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.
            sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

So, has this become a MEMBERS ONLY forum??????

sals54
              sals54

Comment

I nominate Sals for CASO of the year for 2009.
                Just kidding Sals, don't be leaving us now, we like having you here.

Brent's rootbeer racer.
                MN iron ore...it does your body good.
                sigpic
                In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Sal, no hard feelings or anything, [u]BUT</u> this forum IS paid for by MEMBERS like Bob and myself. Mr. Shaw comes on and says the forum is slow because it was never intended to handle this load and the STUDEBAKER DRIVERS CLUB can't or won't give the money to upgrade, it frankly pisses me off that you can't give $10 a year to the club that operates this forum. Yet you use it to peddle your wares. Come on give me a break
                  P.S. Matt, If you are talking about the Lark with the hardtop conversion, I WANT ONE

Jon Krimm
                  1962 Lark Sedan

1961 Champ

Comment

Course it hasn't Sal cause you and other non members continue to frequent it. You also have some good input. If the matter was up to me it would be. Maybe the Studebaker Drivers Club would see fit to initiate an easy payment plan for people wanting to make monthly payments for club membership. Say like a prospective member just doesn't have the required amount of money in lump sum. Like have the money deducted monthly from your checking account automatically. I suspect some would join if they were restricted from posting and only have "Gleaners" priviledges or less. Some forum participants will never join the club cause why buy a cow when you can get milk for free? We still love you. jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.
                    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

OK, so for those who have not benefitted from my parts for sale, I will have to make a case for myself. I have been to Stude swap meets to sell parts. I paid for the space to sell the parts. I still got grief from some cuz I sold my parts too CHEAP. CK fenders for $25. CK doors with glass for $25, 54 tail light housings for $20, brand new cyl head for $10, 4bbl intake manifold with carb for $50 and on and on. Some of us just don't want to be a member, but serve in other ways. When someone comes to my house looking for a part, they can be sure they're gonna get that part cheap. If the absence of my $10 a year is gonna break the club, then so be it. I've been a member off and on for 40 years. Right now I'm off. I go to one meet per year, if that. This kind of sniping for what is my personal choice, is one of the reasons I don't attend the functions. One person in particular is p*ssed off cuz I steal some of his business by giving people good deals. So, who's the CASO?

sals54
                      sals54

Comment

"Members Only" dang, now I need to get rid of my Dockers and Cabelas jackets to stay on the forum?[)]

Bob

Comment

Sir Sal, jack up the price of something {1 item} you are selling so as to apply the windfall towards a membership. If you don't want to be hard on your clients maybe John will float you a low interest loan. No harm in asking him. Your rationale for not being a member is not very rational at all. Akin to driving a Studebaker with holes in the floor covered by a brand steenking new carpet.[?] jimmijim I give up. I think.[8D] jimmijim--------- P.S.-------- Sweet Bobby, it's all about your priorities and I'm in total agreance with you. I wouldn't wear that stuff to my worst friend's wedding or maybe I would.[:0][8D] jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.------------ {edited for punctuation only}JK

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 62SY4

P.S. Matt, If you are talking about the Lark with the hardtop conversion, I WANT ONE
                            Yep. Nice looking Lark prototype with a '58 J body hardtop roof. [8D]

Matthew Burnette
                            Hazlehurst, GA

Biggs' H2O-Induction

Comment

Matt, Thanks for bringing it back to the topic. I don't know why so many want to get in my business, but yes the car is fabulous. That style has been in the back of my mind for decades. Thank you for remembering me on that.

sals54
                              sals54

Comment

Working...
                              X