No announcement yet.

Lone Star State Studenuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have heard of this place but I haven't had a chance to go look for it. I hope to do this soon! It is supposed to be in or around Weatherford.

Randy_G
    www.AutomotiveHistoryOnline.com

Comment

I have heard of this place but I haven't had a chance to go look for it. I hope to do this soon! It is supposed to be in or around Weatherford.

Randy_G
      www.AutomotiveHistoryOnline.com

Comment

The place in Weatherford is just as you enter Weatherford from the East on Highway 180. I bought a gas tank, and starter solenoid from the gentleman that owns it. I thought it would be "arrive, buy it, and go". WRONG! We spent four hours talking Studebakers. Apparently his Dad owned a Stude dealership in the 30s-50s, and he has been a Studebaker officianado since before he could walk. He has about five acres of cars ranging from unrecognizable to restored, and a rundown house and barn that are floor to ceiling with parts, some of which I am sure the museum doesn't know exists.

Ron

Comment

The place in Weatherford is just as you enter Weatherford from the East on Highway 180. I bought a gas tank, and starter solenoid from the gentleman that owns it. I thought it would be "arrive, buy it, and go". WRONG! We spent four hours talking Studebakers. Apparently his Dad owned a Stude dealership in the 30s-50s, and he has been a Studebaker officianado since before he could walk. He has about five acres of cars ranging from unrecognizable to restored, and a rundown house and barn that are floor to ceiling with parts, some of which I am sure the museum doesn't know exists.

Ron

Comment

That's Larry and John Brooks place. Larry has a couple of trucks that are a little different. One is a M Series setting on a Dakota frame and engine, the other is a dodge pick up with a 259 in it. and says on on the front fenders. Two nice gents with lots of Studebaker knowledge. They have bought out lots of parts from closed dealerships in the past.

Ebon...

Comment

That's Larry and John Brooks place. Larry has a couple of trucks that are a little different. One is a M Series setting on a Dakota frame and engine, the other is a dodge pick up with a 259 in it. and says on on the front fenders. Two nice gents with lots of Studebaker knowledge. They have bought out lots of parts from closed dealerships in the past.

Ebon...

Comment

GARY BLALOCK
                3030 W HWY 6 ALVIN TX
                working on 53 ht ( black) will post pic. later, put bumpers grills , tailight on last week starting to look good. need to buy rubber kit this week.

Comment

GARY BLALOCK
                  3030 W HWY 6 ALVIN TX
                  working on 53 ht ( black) will post pic. later, put bumpers grills , tailight on last week starting to look good. need to buy rubber kit this week.

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by railway

Does anyone here have a contact number for their business? Looking for some parts and not having much luck using typical sources. Thanks.

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by railway

Does anyone here have a contact number for their business? Looking for some parts and not having much luck using typical sources. Thanks.

Comment

Try the wesite listed below to get ahold of the Brooks Brothers in Weatherford, Texas. Be sure and call to make an appointment before you go, they don't live close and it's hit and miss to catch them there. John loves to visit about Studebakers. They are 45 mile East of us.
                        http://www.studebakerfarm.com/

Bill Elbert

59 4E11
                        58 Champion
                        57 3E11
                        48 M16
                        46 M15
                        41 M5

Comment

Try the wesite listed below to get ahold of the Brooks Brothers in Weatherford, Texas. Be sure and call to make an appointment before you go, they don't live close and it's hit and miss to catch them there. John loves to visit about Studebakers. They are 45 mile East of us.
                          http://www.studebakerfarm.com/

Bill Elbert

59 4E11
                          58 Champion
                          57 3E11
                          48 M16
                          46 M15
                          41 M5

Comment

I'm in the northeast corner. Texarkana. Working on my 51 Studebaker when I'm not racing my 87 Grand National.

1951 Studebaker Champion
                            1959 Olds Dynamic 88
                            1987 Buick Grand National

Comment

I'm in the northeast corner. Texarkana. Working on my 51 Studebaker when I'm not racing my 87 Grand National.

1951 Studebaker Champion
                              1959 Olds Dynamic 88
                              1987 Buick Grand National

Comment

Working...
                              X