Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pic removed

thanks

I don't know about the car, but it looks like someone's bloomers are on the clothesline, there's a rabid dog going berzerk on the right, the kid has his pants riding high and tight in preparation of a high water event and he's wearing a salad bowl on his head homie style.

Comment

I don't know about the car, but it looks like someone's bloomers are on the clothesline, there's a rabid dog going berzerk on the right, the kid has his pants riding high and tight in preparation of a high water event and he's wearing a salad bowl on his head homie style.

Comment

Richard Quinn would be the person who would know for sure, but I don't think it is. I have never noticed a rear body sculpture like that on a Studebaker and almost all late teens and 20s Studebakers had an "S" on the hubcap.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

Richard Quinn would be the person who would know for sure, but I don't think it is. I have never noticed a rear body sculpture like that on a Studebaker and almost all late teens and 20s Studebakers had an "S" on the hubcap.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

Thanks...I know I have no clue...

Comment

Thanks...I know I have no clue...

Comment

Is it just me or do all "two box" cars of the late 20s look the same. [?]
                By the 32 or so, car brands began to have a bit of a distinct look.

63 Avanti R1 2788
                1914 Stutz Bearcat
                (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                63 Avanti R1 2788
                1914 Stutz Bearcat
                (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

63 Avanti R1 2788
                  1914 Stutz Bearcat
                  (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                  63 Avanti R1 2788
                  1914 Stutz Bearcat
                  (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

quote:Originally posted by John Kirchhoff

ROFL...John you are too much! Can't say as I ever laughed as much while reading a posting as I did at your description!

[img=left]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/158/360197307_8639ee4a46_m.jpg[/img=left]
                    ~Nitram~
                    57 Transtar
                    Lancaster, PA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by John Kirchhoff

ROFL...John you are too much! Can't say as I ever laughed as much while reading a posting as I did at your description!

[img=left]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/158/360197307_8639ee4a46_m.jpg[/img=left]
                      ~Nitram~
                      57 Transtar
                      Lancaster, PA

Comment

JBOYLE writes: "Is it just me or do all "two box" cars of the late 20s look the same.
                        By the 32 or so, car brands began to have a bit of a distinct look."

I hafta agree! Whatever "styling" there was to those oldies, it was about as distinct as the soap bars we see on the road today. Then, as now, there were a FEW exceptions, but they were usually, limited production or high-dollar things.
                        Real styling started to reach the common man's rides in the 30s. After WWII, it progressed a bit until it really got wild in the 50s. By the 70s, automakers were homogenizing everything to play it safe. AMC might have been the last to go extreme and this was because they were trying hard to gain notice.
                        We're now back to only the most expensive offerings showing any real innovation in style. I don't see it changing - especially with the drive to lighten and obey the dictates of the wind tunnel.[V]

Miscreant adrift in
                        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

JBOYLE writes: "Is it just me or do all "two box" cars of the late 20s look the same.
                          By the 32 or so, car brands began to have a bit of a distinct look."

I hafta agree! Whatever "styling" there was to those oldies, it was about as distinct as the soap bars we see on the road today. Then, as now, there were a FEW exceptions, but they were usually, limited production or high-dollar things.
                          Real styling started to reach the common man's rides in the 30s. After WWII, it progressed a bit until it really got wild in the 50s. By the 70s, automakers were homogenizing everything to play it safe. AMC might have been the last to go extreme and this was because they were trying hard to gain notice.
                          We're now back to only the most expensive offerings showing any real innovation in style. I don't see it changing - especially with the drive to lighten and obey the dictates of the wind tunnel.[V]

Miscreant adrift in
                          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                          1960 Larkvertible V8
                          1958 Provincial wagon
                          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by JBOYLE

You are very correct. It was the engineers who really dictated how cars looked as the body was usually built around the chassis. Harley Earl at GM is usually given credit for being the first to have a styling studio for how cars should look with his "Art & Colour Division" (Earl intentionally spelled 'color' the English way).

Craig

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by JBOYLE

You are very correct. It was the engineers who really dictated how cars looked as the body was usually built around the chassis. Harley Earl at GM is usually given credit for being the first to have a styling studio for how cars should look with his "Art & Colour Division" (Earl intentionally spelled 'color' the English way).

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X