No announcement yet.

Turlock Swap Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To confirm: The Sequoia Chapter is hosting a Chapter Pizza Party at the Pizza Hut, 3181 Geer Road, Turlock, Arrive 4:00 - 4:30 p.m.

We'll miss the meet for the first time in probably 15 years this time.

Perry
    '23 Special Six,
    '50 Business Champ,
    '50 Starlight Champ,
    '60 Lark droptop,
    '63 GT
    Perry
    \'50 Business Champ,
    \'50 Starlight Champ,
    \'60 Lark Convertible,
    \'63 GT R1,
    \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

www.cruisinnews.com
      www.renoswapmeet.com
      John
      Folsom CA

"Lone Dog ... No Woof"

www.cruisinnews.com

www.SacramentoSwapMeet.com

Comment

www.cruisinnews.com
        www.renoswapmeet.com
        John
        Folsom CA

"Lone Dog ... No Woof"

www.cruisinnews.com

www.SacramentoSwapMeet.com

Comment

Well I envy all of you. I have to work couldn't even get out of it. So this year I'll be a no show. Sounds like there is going to be a mini Omaha reunion? You guys have fun for me too.

Mabel 1949 Champion
          1957 Silverhawk
          1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
          Gus 1958 Transtar
          Fresno,Ca

Mabel 1949 Champion
          Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
          Gus 1958 Transtar
          The Prez 1955 President State
          Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
          Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
          Fresno,Ca

Comment

Well I envy all of you. I have to work couldn't even get out of it. So this year I'll be a no show. Sounds like there is going to be a mini Omaha reunion? You guys have fun for me too.

Mabel 1949 Champion
            1957 Silverhawk
            1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
            Gus 1958 Transtar
            Fresno,Ca

Mabel 1949 Champion
            Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
            Gus 1958 Transtar
            The Prez 1955 President State
            Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
            Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
            Fresno,Ca

Comment

3:50AM and I'm leaving for Turlock. This after changing a water pump on the Transtar by flashlight last night[xx(].

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

3:50AM and I'm leaving for Turlock. This after changing a water pump on the Transtar by flashlight last night[xx(].

Miscreant adrift in
                the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Great time in Turlock today (as usual). Hooked up with Bob Kabchef, John Sweeny, and Fred Cook from the Forum. Great weather and tons of rusty metal...what could be better!

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

Great time in Turlock today (as usual). Hooked up with Bob Kabchef, John Sweeny, and Fred Cook from the Forum. Great weather and tons of rusty metal...what could be better!

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Sure was a great meet. I guess if you live in WA you don't count what we had in Turlock as rain. Nice to see a couple of Studebakers among all of those cars.

Tom
                      Three Rivers, CA
                      1955 Commander 4 dr
                      Tom
                      Three Rivers, CA
                      1955 Commander 4 dr

Comment

Sure was a great meet. I guess if you live in WA you don't count what we had in Turlock as rain. Nice to see a couple of Studebakers among all of those cars.

Tom
                        Three Rivers, CA
                        1955 Commander 4 dr
                        Tom
                        Three Rivers, CA
                        1955 Commander 4 dr

Comment

Did anyone take any pictures? [?]

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

Did anyone take any pictures? [?]

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

My Turlock adventure.... I got to Turlock just as the gates opened. It was great timing as by the time I parked (parking was $10 bucks!), peed (all that coffee enroute!) and got to the entrance gate (another $5 bucks entry fee), the line was short and I didn't have to stand still at all.
                              I'll say up front, that my "hunting" bore more fruit than that of the other Stude types I met there. I saw more Stude stuff there than I ever have! I even passed up a few parts deals that I'm gonna lament for some time to come. I did so because of the logistics of getting the stuff back to my truck and because of having limited time to peruse the offerings of the many vendors. All I had to tote stuff in was a canvas Office Depot book bag and in the end I didn't even fill it like I could have. I only bought TWO pieces of Stude trim that I thought were too good to pass up. Between those and a couple of BrandX items for resale, Oh! and a few vintage car magazines, I didn't come away with much. But I really DID see alot of Stude parts there - Sheet metal and trim. No engines, transes, rears - ANYTHING to speak of mechanical save for carb kits, the odd 6 cylinder water pump and switch sprinkled here and there.
                              There was NO one selling Stude stuff exclusively. I've never seen that at Turlock anyway. There was one group of guys peddling Hudson stuff and there was a guy that had a beautiful Javelin and lots of used AMC things, but no one had even close to a majority of Stude parts in their offerings. So if you wanted Stude stuff, you had to do lots of scanning and digging. But IT WAS there to be found!
                              I walked away from a $20-dollar C-K decklid at the first vendor I encoutered! It was bent on one corner but it was really solid. I SHOULD have bought that one! Too, I left behind a beautiful set of C-cab doors that were solid, primed and ready to bolt on. The seller wanted $150 for the pair! He told me he had other C-cab stuff at home too! I don't KNOW if he'd ship stuff but I do have his contact info. He told me his dad has a Lark 4-dr that they'd like to sell too.
                              Another vendor had some C-body doors (55 Coupe), GT Hawk doors and bullet-nose Starlight coupe metal for sale. He also had two big show boards with photos of cars that are available. There were 12 or 15 Studes showm as well as Stude front clips he's got at his "ranch".
                              There was a photo of a 66 2-dr V8 3spdOD car that looked right straight. He'd never tried to make it run and would take $600 for it. Also amongst his offerings was a Stude 6X6 WWII truck with low miles on it and a dump bed. He told me the Hercules JXD runs sweet and pulls nice but the trucks been in a state of non-use for 20 years or so and needs it's brakes fixed to be roadworthy.
                              Wearing a Studebaker T-shirt generated LOTS of Stude talk and leads for Studes and Stude parts! I got a lead on an all-original 57 Golden Hawk that's supposed to be pretty nice save for a bad blower. $8K may not sound like a "steal", but look at what decent G-Hawks are commanding nowdays![:0]
                              Another fella that I've known for some years was there vending. I haven't seen this guy for 5 or 6 months and the first thing he says to me is: "Are you interested in a warehouse full of Stude parts?"
                              What a loaded question! I'm gonna check out his lead this week! It's fairly close to me.
                              Anyway, I wanted to crash the Pizza Hut gathering this year as I'd missed it several times in the past, so by 3:30 I was on my way to the Transtar and just after 4 I was exchanging greetings with members of the Sequoia Chapter. Even got to have a few words with Fred and Linda Fox.
                              I shared pizza and conversation with Bob Peterson, Steve Hinshaw, the Speedster Kid, Karl sparks and other Stude notables. Of course, I'd had lunch with Dick, Fred, Tom and spent some time chatting with John Sweeney at his vendor's spot.
                              For the most part, the weather was decent. In fact, it was downright NICE compared to SOME years I've attended! Years when you HAD to have boots and an umbrella or you just didn't go!

But this is just my adventure so far

Comment

My Turlock adventure.... I got to Turlock just as the gates opened. It was great timing as by the time I parked (parking was $10 bucks!), peed (all that coffee enroute!) and got to the entrance gate (another $5 bucks entry fee), the line was short and I didn't have to stand still at all.
                                I'll say up front, that my "hunting" bore more fruit than that of the other Stude types I met there. I saw more Stude stuff there than I ever have! I even passed up a few parts deals that I'm gonna lament for some time to come. I did so because of the logistics of getting the stuff back to my truck and because of having limited time to peruse the offerings of the many vendors. All I had to tote stuff in was a canvas Office Depot book bag and in the end I didn't even fill it like I could have. I only bought TWO pieces of Stude trim that I thought were too good to pass up. Between those and a couple of BrandX items for resale, Oh! and a few vintage car magazines, I didn't come away with much. But I really DID see alot of Stude parts there - Sheet metal and trim. No engines, transes, rears - ANYTHING to speak of mechanical save for carb kits, the odd 6 cylinder water pump and switch sprinkled here and there.
                                There was NO one selling Stude stuff exclusively. I've never seen that at Turlock anyway. There was one group of guys peddling Hudson stuff and there was a guy that had a beautiful Javelin and lots of used AMC things, but no one had even close to a majority of Stude parts in their offerings. So if you wanted Stude stuff, you had to do lots of scanning and digging. But IT WAS there to be found!
                                I walked away from a $20-dollar C-K decklid at the first vendor I encoutered! It was bent on one corner but it was really solid. I SHOULD have bought that one! Too, I left behind a beautiful set of C-cab doors that were solid, primed and ready to bolt on. The seller wanted $150 for the pair! He told me he had other C-cab stuff at home too! I don't KNOW if he'd ship stuff but I do have his contact info. He told me his dad has a Lark 4-dr that they'd like to sell too.
                                Another vendor had some C-body doors (55 Coupe), GT Hawk doors and bullet-nose Starlight coupe metal for sale. He also had two big show boards with photos of cars that are available. There were 12 or 15 Studes showm as well as Stude front clips he's got at his "ranch".
                                There was a photo of a 66 2-dr V8 3spdOD car that looked right straight. He'd never tried to make it run and would take $600 for it. Also amongst his offerings was a Stude 6X6 WWII truck with low miles on it and a dump bed. He told me the Hercules JXD runs sweet and pulls nice but the trucks been in a state of non-use for 20 years or so and needs it's brakes fixed to be roadworthy.
                                Wearing a Studebaker T-shirt generated LOTS of Stude talk and leads for Studes and Stude parts! I got a lead on an all-original 57 Golden Hawk that's supposed to be pretty nice save for a bad blower. $8K may not sound like a "steal", but look at what decent G-Hawks are commanding nowdays![:0]
                                Another fella that I've known for some years was there vending. I haven't seen this guy for 5 or 6 months and the first thing he says to me is: "Are you interested in a warehouse full of Stude parts?"
                                What a loaded question! I'm gonna check out his lead this week! It's fairly close to me.
                                Anyway, I wanted to crash the Pizza Hut gathering this year as I'd missed it several times in the past, so by 3:30 I was on my way to the Transtar and just after 4 I was exchanging greetings with members of the Sequoia Chapter. Even got to have a few words with Fred and Linda Fox.
                                I shared pizza and conversation with Bob Peterson, Steve Hinshaw, the Speedster Kid, Karl sparks and other Stude notables. Of course, I'd had lunch with Dick, Fred, Tom and spent some time chatting with John Sweeney at his vendor's spot.
                                For the most part, the weather was decent. In fact, it was downright NICE compared to SOME years I've attended! Years when you HAD to have boots and an umbrella or you just didn't go!

But this is just my adventure so far

Comment

Working...
                                X