eBay Craziness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay Craziness

Just logged onto eBay and did a search on eBay Motors for Studebaker. Number found - 0!

They don't have a single part or car listed on eBay Motors right now for Studebaker. Gotta be their fault, right?

Chris Pile
    Editor: The Studebaker Special
    http://midwaystudebakers.tripod.com/
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

yep...I just tried searching for rustang and found nothing as well!

From deep in the Ozarks...

Fred

Comment

Weird. Got 51 for my usual Studebaker NOS search. Usually there are over 6500 auctions.

Comment

Do you suppose the gremlin that attacked our forum today has moved on to eBay?
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Also found nothing in STUDEBAKER for E bay motors also tried in all catigories and a big fat O found they must be have technical difficulties

Tom
          sigpic

Comment

Maybe ebay finally died.

Matthew Burnette
            Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

If you click on the buy it now, include store inventory, or the paypal accepted only search area on the lower left panel, you get almost 3,400.

Comment

It is not your imagination or computer.
                Here is what Auctionbytes had to say about it.

Major Search Outage Leaves eBay Shoppers Empty-Handed
                By: Ina Steiner
                Sat Nov 21 2009 16:34:13
                eBay experienced search problems on Saturday morning, and now there appears to be a complete search outage. At 11:17 am PST, eBay posted an announcement stating it was experiencing "some issues with a delay in search being displayed," and by noon, users began posting that they could not search at all on the website.

When searching, shoppers either come up with an error message (see graphic), or a search results page with 0 items, but the ad listings showed up.

There are several postings on Twitter from 8 and 9 hours ago complaining about eBay search, including this one from 9 hours ago: "eBay search engine is having issues this am."

Update: eBay posted a new message on its Announcement Board at 1:37PM PST:

Due to errors in some of our backend systems, members may be seeing different errors in Search. This could be that "We were unable to run the search results you entered. Please try again in a few minutes" or a blank page, or simply the browser being unable to display the page.

This is also affecting the ability to access eBay Stores through search directly, and sometimes from the store URL.
                Please note that we are working as quickly as possible to get this resolved. Thank you for your patience as we continue to work to resolve this.

David reports that browse is not working either.

Update: 4:47 EST: I can get to the Daily Deals on the U.S. site.

I just tried searching UK site, same problem, no search! Ouch, international problem!

Update: 4:55 EST: I have inquiry in to eBay about what's going on and whether they will be issuing credits. Will update if/when I hear back.

eBay Outage Policy is found here, and only applies to listing scheduled to end during the outage or in the hour after the end of the outage. In the event of a hard outage of two hours or more, eBay automatically extends listings for 24 hours.

Given that it's impossible to find listings, I'd consider this a hard outage!

UPDATE: 6:12 pm EST - eBay replaced its previous Systems Announcement posts with one at 2:59 pm PST that suggests a workaround:

If you use the Advanced Search option at the top of the page, and type in your search query and click the title and description box and then run the search, the results for the title and description search will be returned. Likewise, if you receive a 0 results page for title search and choose the title and description box and re-run the search, you'll see the appropriate results.

Does eBay think buyers are going to first of all, find this announcement, and second of all, follow these convoluted instructions? Surely eBay is not paving the way to get out of calling it an outage?

Comment

As I mentioned, if you try other methods on the site they are still there. I even bid on a couple things and it's working fine with little effort.

Comment

without jumping through many hoops, only 9 of my 15 auctions show up... even following eBay's directions.

Ray

Specializing in Studebaker Restoration
                    Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com
                    Specializing in Studebaker Restoration

Comment

I thought it was my counterfeit Windows 7 program.

Comment

Must have fixed it... all my saved eBay searches are now working fine.

<h5>Mark
                        '57 Transtar Deluxe
                        Vancouver Island Chapter
                        http://visdc.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
                        '66 Commander
                        Zone Coordinator
                        Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

I didnt have any Frontier internet DSL service yesterday for a few hours. Whats been going on these last two days?

Brent's rootbeer racer.
                          MN iron ore...it does your body good.
                          sigpic
                          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Welcome to our world guys, we can go weeks without a Stude car on Ebay. See why I keep saying you guys have it so good.

Matt
                            Brisbane
                            Australia
                            Matt
                            Brisbane
                            Australia
                            sigpic

Visit my Blog: http://www.mattsoilyrag.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

Our country is trillions of dollars in debt and unemployment is high. I think I'll move to Australia. [8D]

Brent's rootbeer racer.
                              MN iron ore...it does your body good.
                              sigpic
                              In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Working...
                              X