Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transtar60
    replied
    The T-5 is a five speed transmission used in a variety of BrandX cars and trucks and there are many variants. Mustangs, Camaros, Jeeps, S-10's,and
    etc. Cathcarts can steer you to the right one.

3E38
    4E2
    4E28
    5E13
    7E7
    8E7
    8E12
    8E28
    4E2
    59 Lark
    etc

Leave a comment:

• Transtar60
    replied
    The T-5 is a five speed transmission used in a variety of BrandX cars and trucks and there are many variants. Mustangs, Camaros, Jeeps, S-10's,and
    etc. Cathcarts can steer you to the right one.

3E38
    4E2
    4E28
    5E13
    7E7
    8E7
    8E12
    8E28
    4E2
    59 Lark
    etc

Leave a comment:

• 61rat
    Guest replied
    Who made the t-5? Was it borg warner? I don't know nearly what you guys know. Hence why i'm askin you. I just have a general knowledge of how you fix things. The rest i'll learn as i go and by asking guys like all of you. what is the T-5? is it a 4 speed or auto 3-speed?

Leave a comment:

• 61rat
    Guest replied
    Who made the t-5? Was it borg warner? I don't know nearly what you guys know. Hence why i'm askin you. I just have a general knowledge of how you fix things. The rest i'll learn as i go and by asking guys like all of you. what is the T-5? is it a 4 speed or auto 3-speed?

Leave a comment:

• JRoberts
    replied
    If you want a automobile tranny behind the 170 ohv six, what about a T-5? Cathcart has the adaptors I think.
    Joe Roberts

Leave a comment:

• JRoberts
    replied
    If you want a automobile tranny behind the 170 ohv six, what about a T-5? Cathcart has the adaptors I think.
    Joe Roberts

Leave a comment:

• 61rat
    Guest replied
    I was asking, in reghards to tranny's, for a car one. My truck is slow enough. I don't want a granny gear tranny.

Thats good to know about the flywheels on larks and such. My truck has an interchangeable ring gear. The on installed when i bought her was from a 50's model. I need either an opporiate ring gear for my starter or a correct starter for my ring gear. Seeing as how i purchased a new on from SASCO. They don't have any of the parts i need.

My engine is a OHV 170. Thanks for the help guys. Keep it coming.

Leave a comment:

• 61rat
    Guest replied
    I was asking, in reghards to tranny's, for a car one. My truck is slow enough. I don't want a granny gear tranny.

Thats good to know about the flywheels on larks and such. My truck has an interchangeable ring gear. The on installed when i bought her was from a 50's model. I need either an opporiate ring gear for my starter or a correct starter for my ring gear. Seeing as how i purchased a new on from SASCO. They don't have any of the parts i need.

My engine is a OHV 170. Thanks for the help guys. Keep it coming.

Leave a comment:

• studeclunker
    replied
    You will have to change out the flywheel. There is no ring gear on a (Studebaker, Lark) manual transmission. Do you have the OHV six or flathead? Should be a Flathead with a '60.

By the way, Bee-yoo-tea-full truck!

Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?

Leave a comment:

• studeclunker
    replied
    You will have to change out the flywheel. There is no ring gear on a (Studebaker, Lark) manual transmission. Do you have the OHV six or flathead? Should be a Flathead with a '60.

By the way, Bee-yoo-tea-full truck!

Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?

Leave a comment:

• Dwain G.
    replied
    When you asked about a four-speed transmission, were you asking about a car type or a truck type with 'granny' gear?

Dwain G.
    (We're not called 'hillbillies' any more....we're now Ozark Americans)!

Leave a comment:

• Dwain G.
    replied
    When you asked about a four-speed transmission, were you asking about a car type or a truck type with 'granny' gear?

Dwain G.
    (We're not called 'hillbillies' any more....we're now Ozark Americans)!

Leave a comment:

• 61rat
    Guest replied
    Thank you guys very much. As to the Starter. Do you guys know were i can get a ring gear that mates upto my starter? I'll use that instead of a starter if i have too.

Leave a comment:

• 61rat
    Guest replied
    Thank you guys very much. As to the Starter. Do you guys know were i can get a ring gear that mates upto my starter? I'll use that instead of a starter if i have too.

Leave a comment:

• JRoberts
    replied
    I replaced the brake light switch on my '61 Champ and that made some difference, but not a whold lot. The problem was what you are speaking of. I am going to put in a Harley-Davidson switch next. They are almost interchangeable and will stand up to synthetic brake fluid. There was a write up about this in Turning Wheels a couple of years ago.
    Joe Roberts

Leave a comment:

Working...
X