No announcement yet.

'61 Champ Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was asking, in reghards to tranny's, for a car one. My truck is slow enough. I don't want a granny gear tranny.

Thats good to know about the flywheels on larks and such. My truck has an interchangeable ring gear. The on installed when i bought her was from a 50's model. I need either an opporiate ring gear for my starter or a correct starter for my ring gear. Seeing as how i purchased a new on from SASCO. They don't have any of the parts i need.

My engine is a OHV 170. Thanks for the help guys. Keep it coming.

Comment

I was asking, in reghards to tranny's, for a car one. My truck is slow enough. I don't want a granny gear tranny.

Thats good to know about the flywheels on larks and such. My truck has an interchangeable ring gear. The on installed when i bought her was from a 50's model. I need either an opporiate ring gear for my starter or a correct starter for my ring gear. Seeing as how i purchased a new on from SASCO. They don't have any of the parts i need.

My engine is a OHV 170. Thanks for the help guys. Keep it coming.

Comment

If you want a automobile tranny behind the 170 ohv six, what about a T-5? Cathcart has the adaptors I think.
        Joe Roberts
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

If you want a automobile tranny behind the 170 ohv six, what about a T-5? Cathcart has the adaptors I think.
          Joe Roberts
          Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Who made the t-5? Was it borg warner? I don't know nearly what you guys know. Hence why i'm askin you. I just have a general knowledge of how you fix things. The rest i'll learn as i go and by asking guys like all of you. what is the T-5? is it a 4 speed or auto 3-speed?

Comment

Who made the t-5? Was it borg warner? I don't know nearly what you guys know. Hence why i'm askin you. I just have a general knowledge of how you fix things. The rest i'll learn as i go and by asking guys like all of you. what is the T-5? is it a 4 speed or auto 3-speed?

Comment

The T-5 is a five speed transmission used in a variety of BrandX cars and trucks and there are many variants. Mustangs, Camaros, Jeeps, S-10's,and
                etc. Cathcarts can steer you to the right one.

3E38
                4E2
                4E28
                5E13
                7E7
                8E7
                8E12
                8E28
                4E2
                59 Lark
                etc

Comment

The T-5 is a five speed transmission used in a variety of BrandX cars and trucks and there are many variants. Mustangs, Camaros, Jeeps, S-10's,and
                  etc. Cathcarts can steer you to the right one.

3E38
                  4E2
                  4E28
                  5E13
                  7E7
                  8E7
                  8E12
                  8E28
                  4E2
                  59 Lark
                  etc

Comment