Master cylinder for hydraulic clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master cylinder for hydraulic clutch

I am planning on a five speed trans in my 53 starliner. I will need to add a second master cylinder for the slave. Does anyone have any proven setups for either through the floor pedals or adding a swing type pedal assembly?

While I have no experience with this, I have heard of many people using a second brake master cylinder (same one as on the car) and mounting it on the opposite side of the frame rail.

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

I copied the article in a '58 hot rod magazine that told how to put a Chevy in a "late model" Stude.

I Siamesed another brake master cylinder right next to the original one. It lined up perfectly with the clutch linkage. I removed the residual check valve in it. Used longer through bolts to attach both cylinders to the frame rail. I used an 80's Chevy truck bell housing with a built in slave cylinder. I know nothing about hydraulics, but I lucked out and the combination worked perfectly.

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Dick, that makes more sense than mounting it on the other side of the frame rail. (Not sure what I was thinking...)

Matthew Burnette
        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Working...
        X