Parkview Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parkview Question

Howdy All, I have a question for the 50's Stude Wagon Guru's.I recently rescued a '57 Parkview that had been sitting behind an old homestead for the last 40 years. (last plated in 1969) I am starting to restore it, and the front floor pans need replacing. Are the front floor pans in a wagon the same as the sedan? I have looked through Classic Enterprises listings and see nothing for the wagons, so thought I would ask the experts before starting up the cutting wheel! Thanks for your replies.

<div align="left">Tim Stevens Big Sky Country, Montana "Mergatroid" '59 4E7-122 "Sliver" '59 Silver Hawk "Surfin Stude Safari" '57 Parkview Wagon "Blind Date" '41 Double Dater Coupe</div id="left">
    I own time machines.....

And so another one pops up~ TOO COOOOL!!!! [:0] [^]
    I would think that sedans from '53-'58 should work, but I can't be 100% positive just yet- I've not made it that far on MY '57 Parkview!!! [V]
    Please see my post about the Registry I've started, and stand-by for an 'offline' email from me...
    I can't believe another one survives!!!!

StudeDave [8D]
    V/P San Diego County SDC
    San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
    '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
    '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
    '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
    '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
    '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

And so another one pops up~ TOO COOOOL!!!! [:0] [^]
      I would think that sedans from '53-'58 should work, but I can't be 100% positive just yet- I've not made it that far on MY '57 Parkview!!! [V]
      Please see my post about the Registry I've started, and stand-by for an 'offline' email from me...
      I can't believe another one survives!!!!

StudeDave [8D]
      V/P San Diego County SDC
      San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
      '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
      '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
      '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
      '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
      StudeDave '57
      US Navy (retired)

SDC Member since 1985

past President
      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
      San Diego Chapter SDC

Comment

The Parkview has a rather interesting story, The homestead that you see in the picture belonged to an elderly couple who had a grown son that was mentally retarded. Wanting to drive a car but being unable to with his disabilities, the aunt of the son, who purchased the Parkview new, gave the car to him after purchasing a new car. They drove the car to its location by the house, took the wheels off, and put it up on blocks, where he pretended to drive the car for years after. I bought the car from a neighboring rancher that bought out the homestead after the parents had passed on. He told me this interesting story about the car when I went to look at it. The car is about 99 % complete, the front and rear glass had been shot out causing the bad floor pans. The odometer shows less than 60,000 miles.

<div align="left">Tim Stevens Big Sky Country, Montana "Mergatroid" '59 4E7-122 "Sliver" '59 Silver Hawk "Surfin Stude Safari" '57 Parkview Wagon "Blind Date" '41 Double Dater Coupe</div id="left">
        I own time machines.....

Comment

The Parkview has a rather interesting story, The homestead that you see in the picture belonged to an elderly couple who had a grown son that was mentally retarded. Wanting to drive a car but being unable to with his disabilities, the aunt of the son, who purchased the Parkview new, gave the car to him after purchasing a new car. They drove the car to its location by the house, took the wheels off, and put it up on blocks, where he pretended to drive the car for years after. I bought the car from a neighboring rancher that bought out the homestead after the parents had passed on. He told me this interesting story about the car when I went to look at it. The car is about 99 % complete, the front and rear glass had been shot out causing the bad floor pans. The odometer shows less than 60,000 miles.

I own time machines.....

Comment

Neat story! The floorpans for the sedan should fit. The front ones for sure anyway. If the tire well's rusted out, your best bet would be finding a donor wagon from 53 thru 58 to give up the well pieces.

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Neat story! The floorpans for the sedan should fit. The front ones for sure anyway. If the tire well's rusted out, your best bet would be finding a donor wagon from 53 thru 58 to give up the well pieces.

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

You should redo the wagon to match the '59 truck. Sure would make a lovely couple! [8D]

Matthew Burnette
                Hazlehurst, Georgia
                '59 Scotsman PU
                '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

You should redo the wagon to match the '59 truck. Sure would make a lovely couple! [8D]

Matthew Burnette
                  Hazlehurst, Georgia
                  '59 Scotsman PU
                  '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

Thanks all, Sounds like the survival rate for the Parkviews is very low. The car was on blocks, but had sunk over the course of 4 decades to the point where the frame was touching the ground. The frame really should be replaced for safety reasons, and I have a '57 Hawk frame that will be the donor for it. The car has really no other problems, but the front floor pan rust. The front and rear fenders, rockers, are all rust free. Even the rest of the floor pan, from the rear seat to the tailgate are all still in paint.

I own time machines.....

Comment

Thanks all, Sounds like the survival rate for the Parkviews is very low. The car was on blocks, but had sunk over the course of 4 decades to the point where the frame was touching the ground. The frame really should be replaced for safety reasons, and I have a '57 Hawk frame that will be the donor for it. The car has really no other problems, but the front floor pan rust. The front and rear fenders, rockers, are all rust free. Even the rest of the floor pan, from the rear seat to the tailgate are all still in paint.

I own time machines.....

Comment

I wonder what happened to the one in this post card from North Coco Beach, Florida.[?]

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

I wonder what happened to the one in this post card from North Coco Beach, Florida.[?]

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

Tim~
                            The more I look at yours the more I think we ought to trade! It's the same colors as my 'Baby'- a '57 Commander 2 door sedan.
                            [:0]
                            (http://racingstudebakers.com/copperm....php?cat=10037)
                            Keep in mind that the Hawk's frame is 4 inches longer then your wagon's. There is a '55 sedan that is being parted out at my Dad's (StudeRich) that may work, but it's pretty rough as well...
                            Mike, what do yout think?

Yup, gotta wonder where that Parkview (or is it a Pelham?) went.
                            FYI- I now know of only about ten '57 Parkview wagons, and about five Pelhams that survive...

StudeDave [8D]
                            V/P San Diego County SDC
                            San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
                            '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
                            '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
                            '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
                            '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
                            StudeDave '57
                            US Navy (retired)

SDC Member since 1985

past President
                            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                            San Diego Chapter SDC

Comment

Tim~
                              The more I look at yours the more I think we ought to trade! It's the same colors as my 'Baby'- a '57 Commander 2 door sedan.
                              [:0]
                              (http://racingstudebakers.com/copperm....php?cat=10037)
                              Keep in mind that the Hawk's frame is 4 inches longer then your wagon's. There is a '55 sedan that is being parted out at my Dad's (StudeRich) that may work, but it's pretty rough as well...
                              Mike, what do yout think?

Yup, gotta wonder where that Parkview (or is it a Pelham?) went.
                              FYI- I now know of only about ten '57 Parkview wagons, and about five Pelhams that survive...

StudeDave [8D]
                              V/P San Diego County SDC
                              San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
                              '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
                              '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
                              '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
                              '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
                              StudeDave '57
                              US Navy (retired)