Stude Spotting In Alberta- Craigs Basement too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude Spotting In Alberta- Craigs Basement too

Had to take a trip for business this week, and spent some time in Calgary, passing through Edmonton on the way home. Thought you guys might like to see what I spotted:

That's a Cruiser under the cover

This one's got Clifford Speed equipment on the Chev 6 under the hood

V8, Standard with radio wasting away behind a warehouse in Calgary

The rest of these are all sitting in Edmonton beside a cycle shop- the guy must like wagons- btw- red sedan is an early commander Tri-star.

Evan Davis
    Prairie Bulletin
    Saskatchewan Chapter
    Prince Albert, Sk
    http://www.saskstudebaker.ca/Studebaker.html
    Evan Davis
    Prince Albert, Sk

Wow Evan ,that is quite a stash.[]
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Me thinks the first 2 pics are Craig's cars.

The car in this pic has the same spot on the trunk, and same different color fender.

Don't know the others. But I really want that '54 wagon. (Or any solid, two door wagon. Anybody wanna trade?)

Matthew Burnette
      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

First pic is Craig's place. Second, the '66, is another Foothills Chapter member.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
        Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

I'm surprised those haven't been dragged out to Gord's Northern Plantation.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

Me thinks the first 2 pics are Craig's cars.

The car in this pic has the same spot on the trunk, and same different color fender.
            Indeed, Matt!! Get used to looking out for that Cruiser under the cover to start taking on the role that '65 has been doing for the past 25 years. That old Commander has carried me many miles over the years to many an SDC event!!

Craig

Comment

Hey Fargoguy...I am the Cycle shop owner. You should have said something Studebaker. I never miss an opportunity to talk to another enthusiast. Man you did not even finish your coffee before you bolted. You are always welcome.

Matthew...The 54 wagon is way to far gone for more than a good frame or parts and the rust colored one is 55 with 53 clip. It has a Volare cross torsion clip and Lincoln Versaille diff. and 4 wheel discs.

Live your dreams!
              Live your dreams!

Comment

I will agree with Matthew, I would love to have the
                54 wagon, and the black, or dark colored, 53 4 door
                to use for parts.

Tex E. Grier

Comment

quote:Originally posted by hi-peral

Matthew...The 54 wagon is way to far gone for more than a good frame or parts
                  Well that makes me feel a little better.

But I still want a wagon. I need something to haul stainless to Stude meets.

Matthew Burnette
                  Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by hi-peral
                    the rust colored one is 55 with 53 clip. It has a Volare cross torsion clip and Lincoln Versaille diff. and 4 wheel discs.
                    Did that wagon belong to Jim Tanasiuk and Lorne Peet before that at one time? It does look familiar.

Craig

Comment

Craig...I have had that wagon for about 25 years. Lorne Peet was a previous owner and responsible for the radiused wheel wells. Lorne spotted that wagon about 6 or 7 years ago and came in and chatted about it. Have not seen him since.

Live your dreams!
                      Live your dreams!

Comment

Al, nice to get a chance to see some of your parts cars or projects, don't see any thing need got more than my share already, and Matt I just finished packing the 60 2 door wagon with extra parts engines ect for the the trip to Australia, floor all fixed, rust and dent in the rear fender done and ready to go, say good by to another one...Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA
                        canbstudebakers-
                        Candbstudebakers
                        Castro Valley,
                        California

Comment

Bob, you have to take a picture of what that container looks like packed to the gills. I have to see it and wave good bye. Had my chance.

Comment

Would love to have the Datsun PU. Used to own one that had been drug out of White Oak Bayou a couple of times. Just remove the plugs, pump the water out of the engine, change the oil and go. Had over 400,000 miles on it. The PO had used it to haul rebar from Pasadena, Texas to downtown Houston. Didn't have any brakes on it, he said that with all of that rebar on it, you just let off the gas, and it would stop. Bought it for $500.00, sold it two years later for $1200.00 New owner drove it to Denver the next day.

Comment

Thanks guys- those first two cars are indeed Craig's Cars out back of his house. What you guys don't see is INSIDE the garage! We didn't venture in there this time, but we did last time and i took these pics:

There's Bertha, A 66 Commander 2 door and an Innocenti- only 3 of the 5 vehicles currently in the garage.

Here's the other two- his 65 Cruiser and 66 Commander Sedan named "Moby Grape".

Then there's inside the basement. These pics are about a year old- there is much more in the basement now, including a bunch of fenders, and engine block, Transmission, etc!

Evan Davis
                              Prairie Bulletin
                              Saskatchewan Chapter
                              Prince Albert, Sk
                              http://www.saskstudebaker.ca/Studebaker.html
                              Evan Davis
                              Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

Working...
                              X