53 custom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 53 custom?

I've always loved fastbacks but this would be the ultimate fastback.

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Cool love it.

Comment

Beautiful rendering, but it couldn't drive with the wheels like that. I wonder how much a realistic set of tires and wheels would change the effect?

"In the heart of Arkansas."
      1952 Champion Starlight w/overdrive. Searcy, Arkansas
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

I may be wrong:

but this car was/is being built, or one similar to it. I'm trying to find in my stash of magazines the drawing.

ChopStu

135 weeks till completion.
        61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Looks promising. I'd drive it.

Chris Pile
          Editor: The Studebaker Special
          http://midwaystudebakers.tripod.com/
          The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

looks kinda sharp!

Comment

It was a Brockmeyer rendering done in I think 06, in maybe, hot rodder, also with a 53 stude Art Morrison was going to build for his wife, neither were built. I believe it was a renderering of A DREAM CAR FEATURE, anyway to make a long story short , I am currently building that car, it will be in Glendale.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by oltrknut
                anyway to make a long story short , I am currently building that car, it will be in Glendale.
                Yet another reason to get to Glendale []

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Comment

I love it! And why can't you drive it with those wheels and tires. People don't believe my M5 will turn when they look at the front fenders, when in reality it turns lock to lock without rubbing. Has the tightest turnining ratio of anything I have ever driven. 105" wheelbase and it can turn aound in the middle of any two lane street without leaving the pavement.( no backing up require! )
                  Brian
                  PS is that a 70 Buick Riviera top they used in this rendering?

Brian Woods
                  woodysrods@shaw.ca
                  1946 M Series (Shop Truck)
                  Brian Woods
                  woodysrods@shaw.ca
                  1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

No it would have to be a 71-73 Riviera rear window, 70s were a different body style

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Riviera rear window was suggested in the artists interpretation, it is easier to draw than too be reality,it wont fit, I will show my substitute when a little further along,it was just a bit to wide for the flow, we have made some other minor changes to the rear as well , welcome to visit, I live at M.O.N. wa.

Comment

Allen, I saw your post about the build of the fastback 53. It sounds awesome. Do you have any build pix of the car? Or are you going to surprise everyone at Glendale?

sals54
                        sals54

Comment

I saw a Stude fastback like this 25 years ago in the Toronto area.

I saw it when I went with another Stude friend to look and take off a few parts from a 1955 hardtop parts car (it was already partially stripped). The owner of this parts car showed me his fastback, a former show car. He had had it painted, new interior and was fussing again about the power. I'm pretty well connected around here wrt Studes, and I'm afraid I haven't seen it since.

My recollection was that I was told the rear window was a 40s Buick window. It was very sharp. Candy apple red.

They are still lurking out there!!!!

Paul

Comment

Working...
                          X