Anybody buy a Car Cover on Ebay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody buy a Car Cover on Ebay?

Has anyone bought a car cover from these guys?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...Q5fAccessories

Good, bad, excellent, don't waste your money?

Thanks!

NO.

Chris Pile
    Editor: The Studebaker Special
    http://midwaystudebakers.tripod.com/
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

i bought one but i don't think it was that one, it wont repel water but it does keep the dust off the car from week to week when i drive it to the local tuesday nite cruise. I also have my car under a carport.

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

I bought one after reading your post. I don't have a Stude to cover but I need a cover for my Meteor. Normally I buy Weathershield covers through Covercraft but they are close to $300. I only need the cover to last until spring and then the fleet will be stored indoors at the new homestead.

I've aleady gotten a UPS tracking number from them and I will give you an opinion after I get the cover and have it sit in the rain.

I'm gambling that it will fit the car but a 40-58 Stude has got to be at least as big as the '62 meteor.

ErnieR

Best so far 15.065 @ 91.84 MPH Island Dragway Great Meadows NJ Summer 2009.

Comment

If you order from the right car cover company on ebay, they'd have a custom one JUST for you!

They have a listing for a 1938-43 Avanti so they must be good.

63 Avanti R1 2788
            1914 Stutz Bearcat
            (George Barris replica)

Washington State
            63 Avanti R1 2788
            1914 Stutz Bearcat
            (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

I got one off of ebay about 3 or 4 years ago. It never saw a drop of rain, but after 6 months in the sun, it was reduced to gray powder.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1963 Cruiser
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I have purchased one from California Car Cover and one cheapie like that one; maybe even cheaper than that one. That one may be better quality. The ad makes it look like a $500 cover. You get what you pay for, simply. The CCC version is wonderful, thick, waterproof and it fits the car front to back.. but doesn't go all the way to the rockers. Mine is always used in the garage, no sun exposure. It washes easily and just feels like quality, thickness-wise. IIRC a little over $200.

The cheapie is larger and covers the entire car, but is almost the consistency of a heavy paper towel. It ripped quickly on my convertible's sharp wind vents, but I have a roll of fabric-type gaffer tape that strengthened that area and it's amazingly held up well since. I wash it when it gets dirty from the garage dust and it air dries quickly. It is much lighter and I feel it is less rough on the paint than the Cal cover. It is easier to put on the car; almost like a paper dropcloth. I wouldn't trust it outside. Better than bird guano out there, but not by much. Strickly an inside cover IMO.

You can get one like that eBay version from a place like Walmart and probably return it easier if you dislike it's quality.

Comment

I will say it again, I got mine from forum member Hawk5619. It is easy on and off and offers a perfect fit. Here is Rick's website.

http://www.wellingtonclassics.com/

Carey
                  Packard Hawk

Carey
                  Packard Hawk

Comment

Great Input, Thank you.

Comment

The cover is not even close to waterproof. Had a normal rain here Thursday night so I checked the car this morning and it's wet. The cars under the Weathershield covers I have are dry as a bone. So, save the $60 and put it toward a good cover.

ErnieR

R2 R5388 @ Macungie 2006 __________________ 1988 PO's driveway Los Angeles

Comment

I use on the 63 GT Hawk and 78 Avanti, PREMIUM TECH Car Cover ( breathable 4 layer, High Water resis, size= E ) from PEP BOYS. About $99 ( sometimes with a $20 rebate). They work great down here in South Fla. with all our rain, humidity and Hot Sun.

Comment

Working...
                        X