GT Hawk Survivor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT Hawk Survivor

If this car is legit, someone should document it for the SDC judges.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0QQ...mZ150387185492

JDP/Maryland
    JDP Maryland

It actually looks too good to be true. If it's everything the seller says, why no underhood pics? Do they not know how to prove what they're claiming. Hopefully...it's a straight and everything they say. It just looks too good in the photos...in fact they look like scanned photos. There's what looks like a late '80s or early '90 Ford Taurus in the background, so I wonder how recent the photos are.

Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Simply put...WOW!

Dean.

Comment

Slinger - I fully agree. The photos look a little too nice - like they were professionally done. (Maybe they were). Definitely one I'd insist on seeing in person first...

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
        '63 F2/Lark Standard
        http://studeblogger.blogspot.com
        www.studebakersandiego.com

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Gunslinger is right, the hood is up so why didn't they take any pictures of the engine room? But the mileage is certainly possible. I have closely examined two '64 Avantis with under 5,000 documented miles and a '63 with 18,000.

That's certainly a beautiful early '63 GT, although it does appear the paint has been "massaged" for lack of a better word; almost like a clear coat. Russ Farris
          1963 GT Hawk R-2 4-speed
          1964 Avanti R-1 Auto

Comment

Would an original car have a door striker painted body color with paint coming off at the contact point?

I don't know the answer but that's rarely a painted piece from the factory.

Best so far 15.065 @ 91.84 MPH Island Dragway Great Meadows NJ Summer 2009.

Comment

Its got an SDC sticker in the window, maybe find the seller and get the facts? Just an idea.

Chris Dresbach
              Chris Dresbach

Comment

In the photo with the door open and the seat folded down, you can see an annual state inspection or registration sticker on the windshield in front of the rear view mirror. That sticker is not visible in any exterior photos. The pics weren't taken at the same time. That doesn't necessarily mean the car isn't what the description said it is...just raises questions in my mind. Some of the photos look like a professional detailing was done, but still...why no engine bay or chassis pics? For the money they're hoping to bring, that's a big oversight.

If in fact the car is as advertised, it's a fabulous find for someone. Let's hope it is.

Comment

It's either legit or restored years ago with NOS everything and place in the museum. I find nothing that would indicate otherwise. I could have missed something, and I agree the under hood pictures might tell the tale. Here's one I restored, and it's not as nice. BTW, ignore my incorrect parking lenses, I fixed that later. I did think the front bumper guards were standard and not a option though.

http://www.stude.com/HR/

JDP/Maryland
                  JDP Maryland

Comment

I sent the seller a request to post pictures of the engine compartment. Russ Farris
                    1963 GT Hawk R-2 4-speed
                    1964 Avanti R-1 Auto

Comment

The link kicked on my virus software be careful.

Best so far 15.065 @ 91.84 MPH Island Dragway Great Meadows NJ Summer 2009.

Comment

Yes John, I remember that R-2 GT from Charlotte. I took many pictures of it under the hood to aid in the restoration of mine. Russ Farris
                        1963 GT Hawk R-2 4-speed
                        1964 Avanti R-1 Auto

Comment

If it is true, all I can say is WOW!

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
                          Dylan Wills
                          Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                          1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                          1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                          1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Very pretty car. If it has been restored, the auction description is very deceptive: They make no bones about its true originality. Appears to have some paint touched up, so it already isn't 100% true, but that interior is incredible. A decent camera was used, so I wouldn't blame a quality image on it looking too good. The lack of any engine bay shots spells red flag to me, too. The seller appears too deliberate, so it's not like they are an innocent rookie. What's the price guess, folks? No reserve?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by maxpower1954

Yes John, I remember that R-2 GT from Charlotte. I took many pictures of it under the hood to aid in the restoration of mine. Russ Farris
                              Yep, that was the nicest one I did until Sid. It was one the many second place GT's until we got new judges that broke the many year cycle of no first place GT's.

JDP/Maryland
                              JDP Maryland

Comment

Working...
                              X