Got to see Deepinhock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got to see Deepinhock

After our So.Ga. Chapter meeting today we were invited to visit the home of our host. The Gracious Jeff and Carrie Rice. We followed Pat Skelly's Black Cherry GT Hawk down some lonly country roads, some paved,some not. After awhile we arrived at the world famous DEEPINHOCK Acres. This is a wonderful place with a great old barn,conplete with a 1938 Allis-Chalmers Tractor, that still works for a living. Cranked right with the hand crank. A Tennessee Walking horse, and a dog with a bandanna around his neck. Had a nice visit with the Rice's. Enjoyed some refreshments, And toured some more Ga. back roads on the way home.

Thanks again Jeff. NT

Neil Thornton
    Hazlehurst, GA
    '57 Silver Hawk
    '56 Sky Hawk
    '51 2R16 dump truck
    Many others.

Neil Thornton

Most of these pics are by 9 year old Josh.

http://s280.photobucket.com/albums/k...ock/?start=all

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Studedude

Wish I could have been there. I enjoy the company of Jeff and Carrie... and need to meet the rest of you guys!

www.davesplaceinc.com
      Amen! Me too.

Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Editor of "The Down Easterner"
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I spent some time with the Rices last Sat in Deland. we had a great time, telling stories and listening to stories, and talking about the stories. Doug M

Comment

Thanks for the kind words Neil....(and great pic's from 'young' Josh!)
          Carrie's a superb nestbuilder... I'm just a burrower and mud hut guy[]...
          We had a lot of fun at the chapter meeting, and even brought 'old' Josh (at 15[8)]) along as a guest for 'the experience'...
          (Actually it was payback for his help getting ready...But 'old' Josh sure loved the buffet, and found particular attraction to the ice cream machine[])

The GT Hawks found out what Georgia sand roads are like[|)]

I can't describe how superb this early autumn day was....

Was great fun!
          Thanks to all for coming out fer a spell!
          Jeff[8D]

http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
          X