Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay 57 Hawk

It'll be interesting to see what the final price on this car goes to
    Looks like a reasonably easy fix to make it a REALLY nice GH, especially if the bidding stays sane
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...item2c5190fa42

What a forthright description. I would say the fella is not new to Studebaker. This should make a nice car to put into great condition. If you are handy and don't mind doing a bit of work you could have a nice Hawk for way under market value. The owner probably needs to move this car and since being Stude Smart{I think} probably knows what a CASO is willing to pay. I would add PS. P.B . and air. It'll sell. jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.
    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

I agree. If someone is truly looking for a 57 GH they should be watching this one on eBay. Always try and start with the best car you can find when restoring ...it saves you money down the road.
      Brian

Brian Woods
      woodysrods@shaw.ca
      1946 M Series (Shop Truck)
      Brian Woods
      woodysrods@shaw.ca
      1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

If this one doesn't do it for you there's a '60 GH going for 9.5K or best offer, listed on Craigslist for Knoxville, Tn. That and an '87 (I think) Avanti for 14K and a '47 pickup for sale all in the same area' listing. Sorry, didn't mean to steal the Thread.

Jerry

Comment

The Golden Hawk is my dream car, someday, someday....

I got scared when I saw the passenger door outside. Is the whole thing bondoed? And that pillowed tin foil on the door panels, I could do without that. And if I had that kind of money, I WOULD do without it.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

That's a real beauty. I'd drive it as-is while I fixed little stuff

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
            '63 F2/Lark Standard
            http://studeblogger.blogspot.com
            www.studebakersandiego.com

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 54champ

If this one doesn't do it for you there's a '60 GH going for 9.5K or best offer, listed on Craigslist for Knoxville, Tn. Jerry
              Golden Hawks were only offered for the 1956, 1957 and 1958 model years.

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Thats a nice car, Wonder what the reserve is?
                Thanks for posting it, as I was looking at the pictures I learned what model an armrest I have goes to.
                Don't know why but I got one just like that one only tan with my 52 Commander.
                Anyone out there need one like that?

Dean.

Comment

It amazes me that Studebakers keep turning up in the Hot Springs area. Some of the chapter members who did not live out of the area, like I did for a number of years, may have seen the cars, but I have never heard of them. Several have turned up on Craigs List in the Hot Springs area and most look like nice cars.
                  This car may have some issues caused by the less than perfect repairs, but it does appear to be a fairly presentable car. Of course, we don't know what the reserve is so we're all just guessing at how reasonable the price would be.

"In the heart of Arkansas."
                  1952 Champion Starlight w/overdrive. Searcy, Arkansas
                  sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
                  Searcy, Arkansas
                  1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                  1952 2R pickup

Comment

That car has been listed several times and hasn't sold yet. I have seen the bid as high as $7800 one time and the reserve still wasn't met. Maybe he lowered it this time.
                    Wayne
                    "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic‚Äč

Comment

Reserve is off, 9000.00 Guy decided to part with it for a reasonable sum considering all that has been accomplished so far. Now we'll see what a GH in this condition will bring. A near perfect specimine changed hands within the last 3 months for 49,000. I know the seller. Went to Russia. jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.
                      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jimmijim8

A near perfect specimine changed hands within the last 3 months for 49,000. I know the seller. Went to Russia.
                        [V][V][V]

That's sad.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                        '63 F2/Lark Standard
                        http://studeblogger.blogspot.com
                        www.studebakersandiego.com

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Still time. No bids with a $7500 opener, almost 9 days left. Somebody oughta![]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                          Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Nice car, nice write up.

Don Wilson
                            53 Commander Hardtop
                            64 Champ 1/2 ton
                            Centralia, WA
                            Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
                            50 Champion 2 door*
                            53 Commander K Auto*