X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rockne10
    replied
    Wasn't it Pogo who said, "I have met the enemy, and he is us!"

As our favorite marque garners more attention, we can expect there will be more demand for parts, whose prices will increase. That's bad for those of us who need them; good for those of us who have them. Don't throw away anything.

On a positive note, parts not currently in reproduction will start finding a need. We now have fiberglass 53 Coupes, M fenders and Lark fenders. Why not plated plastic 53-54 grills? They'll look fine for four or five years, and then you can just buy another set. Is anyone repopping the little baffles that control the air flow through the front fenders of the 59-60 Larks?

A friend of mine is slowly toiling with making a mold to produce fiberglass doors for a Transtar; may or may not happen.

Don't throw your parts away!

What parts do you need that you would like to see someone reproduce?
    I think I'll start another thread.

Brad Johnson
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    33 Rockne 10
    51 commander Starlight
    53 Commander Starlight

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    John K. observes: "Sometimes I think the human race is our own worst enemy."

Spot on, John!

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    John K. observes: "Sometimes I think the human race is our own worst enemy."

Spot on, John!

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Leave a comment:

• Anne F. Goodman
    replied
    The contest was fun. I couldn't believe it when I was totaling up the prices off of the other thread. I thought boy I'm close. Who Knew maybe I ought to get a new job. Thanks Bob Shaw for the Contest It was fun.
    Anne

Mabel 1949 Champion
    1957 Silverhawk
    1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    Fresno,Ca

Leave a comment:

• Anne F. Goodman
    replied
    The contest was fun. I couldn't believe it when I was totaling up the prices off of the other thread. I thought boy I'm close. Who Knew maybe I ought to get a new job. Thanks Bob Shaw for the Contest It was fun.
    Anne

Mabel 1949 Champion
    1957 Silverhawk
    1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    Fresno,Ca

Leave a comment:

• John Kirchhoff
    replied
    I figure the ridiculously high prices paid for some of those cars says more about the buyer than the car itself. We have people in this world that will pay $6 for a cup of Starbucks coffee, buy a piece of pizza that looks like Mother Theresa, battle over Brad Pitts smelly gym socks and will drink themselves to death on water trying to win a stupid video game. Sometimes I think the human race is our own worst enemy.

Leave a comment:

• John Kirchhoff
    replied
    I figure the ridiculously high prices paid for some of those cars says more about the buyer than the car itself. We have people in this world that will pay $6 for a cup of Starbucks coffee, buy a piece of pizza that looks like Mother Theresa, battle over Brad Pitts smelly gym socks and will drink themselves to death on water trying to win a stupid video game. Sometimes I think the human race is our own worst enemy.

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    Anne makes a mean jar of Pomegranate Jelly too![]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    Anne makes a mean jar of Pomegranate Jelly too![]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    I suggest a new contest! The best essay on why Anne Goodman is so good at everything.[:X]

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    I suggest a new contest! The best essay on why Anne Goodman is so good at everything.[:X]

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    quote: AHA! SO! The truth of the matter is you're trying to SUPRESS Studebaker prices! You's a EVIL man, you is.

Not anymore. If I get another nice R2, Golden Hawk or the like, I'll do Barrett Jackson. I'd bet I could build a nice M series for under 75K. It looks like Ed Eliss's 50K at auction 4 wheel drive was the bargain of the century compared to the M series. Watch for nice Studebakers to come out of the woods once the results get around.

64 Commander 2 dr.
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) #2
    63 Avanti R1
    63 Daytona convert
    63 Lark 2 door
    63 Lark 2 door #2
    62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
    62 Lark 2 door
    62 GT Hawk 4 speed
    60 Lark HT
    60 Hawk
    59 3E truck
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    quote: AHA! SO! The truth of the matter is you're trying to SUPRESS Studebaker prices! You's a EVIL man, you is.

Not anymore. If I get another nice R2, Golden Hawk or the like, I'll do Barrett Jackson. I'd bet I could build a nice M series for under 75K. It looks like Ed Eliss's 50K at auction 4 wheel drive was the bargain of the century compared to the M series. Watch for nice Studebakers to come out of the woods once the results get around.

64 Commander 2 dr.
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) #2
    63 Avanti R1
    63 Daytona convert
    63 Lark 2 door
    63 Lark 2 door #2
    62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
    62 Lark 2 door
    62 GT Hawk 4 speed
    60 Lark HT
    60 Hawk
    59 3E truck
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander

Leave a comment:

• cabrina
    replied
    [quote]Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

[navy][b]Leave it to the gals to figure out what it cost's to go shopping these days....
    (The guys are just so out of touch)

Don't feel bad, Jeff. This gal was way off also.
    Thinking Walmart when I should have been guessing Niemann-Marcus.

Congrats Anne and thanks Mr. Shaw for a great contest!

Leave a comment:

• cabrina
    replied
    [quote]Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

[navy][b]Leave it to the gals to figure out what it cost's to go shopping these days....
    (The guys are just so out of touch)

Don't feel bad, Jeff. This gal was way off also.
    Thinking Walmart when I should have been guessing Niemann-Marcus.

Congrats Anne and thanks Mr. Shaw for a great contest!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X