No announcement yet.

'63 Hawk apart for painting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aside from the air dam, it looks like this car is about ready for assembly AFTER a repaint!

As good as it looks now, and you think it needs painting, I can't wait to see the finish!!! [][8D]

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, Georgia
    '59 Scotsman PU
    '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

Aside from the air dam, it looks like this car is about ready for assembly AFTER a repaint!

As good as it looks now, and you think it needs painting, I can't wait to see the finish!!! [][8D]

Matthew Burnette
      Hazlehurst, Georgia
      '59 Scotsman PU
      '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by diodorus

You'll excuse my extreme myopia but WHY are you painting this car?

It looks better in the pictures than in person (as is usually the case). This car had a body off resto in 1980 and driven very little since. The interior is perfect. Chrome and stainless are show quality. The engine was rebuilt at the resto (bored 30 over, etc.). Chassis and engine compartment are super clean. It's a relatively rare 4 speed car (one of 49 built in Hamilton). Runs and drives like a new car.

The paint just isn't up to the rest of the car. A lot of garage rash. The paint job in 1980 wasn't great. Orange pealy, not consistently shiny. I think I did fine on the purchase price of this car. Even with a pro base/clear paint job I'll be into it well under market (IF I ever decided to sell it).

It DESERVES the new paint [^]

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by diodorus

You'll excuse my extreme myopia but WHY are you painting this car?

It looks better in the pictures than in person (as is usually the case). This car had a body off resto in 1980 and driven very little since. The interior is perfect. Chrome and stainless are show quality. The engine was rebuilt at the resto (bored 30 over, etc.). Chassis and engine compartment are super clean. It's a relatively rare 4 speed car (one of 49 built in Hamilton). Runs and drives like a new car.

The paint just isn't up to the rest of the car. A lot of garage rash. The paint job in 1980 wasn't great. Orange pealy, not consistently shiny. I think I did fine on the purchase price of this car. Even with a pro base/clear paint job I'll be into it well under market (IF I ever decided to sell it).

It DESERVES the new paint [^]

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
          X