Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JDP
    replied
    It was green, but the truck was far from stock.(loaded with gee haw's, wrong interior and the rest) Here it is

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/carli..._LotNumber=749

64 Commander 2 dr.
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) #2
    63 Avanti R1
    63 Daytona convert
    63 Lark 2 door
    63 Lark 2 door #2
    62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
    62 Lark 2 door
    62 GT Hawk 4 speed
    60 Lark HT
    60 Hawk
    59 3E truck
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander

Leave a comment:

• ralt12
    replied
    Was the '47 pickup a stock color? If so, what color was it?

'53 Commander

Leave a comment:

• ralt12
    replied
    Was the '47 pickup a stock color? If so, what color was it?

'53 Commander

Leave a comment:

• BShaw
    replied
    Here's the official tally (gavel prices):

#306 59 Lark wagon: $9,000
    #480 51 Starlight Coupe: $14,000
    #640 57 Golden Hawk: $51,000
    #749 47 Pickup: $76,000

Aggregate: $150,000

AND WE HAVE A WINNAH!

Congratulations to [u]Anne F. Goodman</u> whose guess of $147,000 was a mere $3,000 off the mark!

Thanks to everyone who played. We'll do it again sometime!

I'm heading back over there later this morning to do some serious browsing among the vendor booths. It is supposed to rain today.

I might go over to that "other" auction today, too... maybe I'll run into Denny and Frank.

Non Stude content and Bobservation: Did you see the Packard woody wagon on the block last night? That really was a fine looking automobile! Also, while watching them move the cars in and out of the auction tent, I was struck by the number of them that emitted a puff of smoke from their very expensive tailpipes. I'm talking about some of those big-dollar cars, too. Admittedly I am cheap and not a big risk taker in the car department, but I'd sure want to take a prospective big dollar car out for a real drive before handing over the cash. I "presume" B-J certifies the mechanical condition but I'd want to see it in action rather than bid on it based on the eye candy.

Tomorrow I'll heading over to Mesa for the Grand Canyon Chapter's meet. Though it is fantastic to wander among such a varied collection of classic cars at B-J, it'll be equally nice to be in the company of a bunch of Studebakers tomorrow! Later.

BShaw,Webmaster

60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
    Woodbury, Minnesota

Leave a comment:

• BShaw
    replied
    Here's the official tally (gavel prices):

#306 59 Lark wagon: $9,000
    #480 51 Starlight Coupe: $14,000
    #640 57 Golden Hawk: $51,000
    #749 47 Pickup: $76,000

Aggregate: $150,000

AND WE HAVE A WINNAH!

Congratulations to [u]Anne F. Goodman</u> whose guess of $147,000 was a mere $3,000 off the mark!

Thanks to everyone who played. We'll do it again sometime!

I'm heading back over there later this morning to do some serious browsing among the vendor booths. It is supposed to rain today.

I might go over to that "other" auction today, too... maybe I'll run into Denny and Frank.

Non Stude content and Bobservation: Did you see the Packard woody wagon on the block last night? That really was a fine looking automobile! Also, while watching them move the cars in and out of the auction tent, I was struck by the number of them that emitted a puff of smoke from their very expensive tailpipes. I'm talking about some of those big-dollar cars, too. Admittedly I am cheap and not a big risk taker in the car department, but I'd sure want to take a prospective big dollar car out for a real drive before handing over the cash. I "presume" B-J certifies the mechanical condition but I'd want to see it in action rather than bid on it based on the eye candy.

Tomorrow I'll heading over to Mesa for the Grand Canyon Chapter's meet. Though it is fantastic to wander among such a varied collection of classic cars at B-J, it'll be equally nice to be in the company of a bunch of Studebakers tomorrow! Later.

BShaw,Webmaster

60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
    Woodbury, Minnesota

Leave a comment:

• go-studebaker
    replied
    Hi guys
    well the numbers show great results for Studebakers.
    You should all be chuffed that there are people out there prepared to 'come the heavy' with some serious cash. Weather they are of sound mind or not is another issue, but some people have money to spend and do not want to be bothered working all their days as a grease monkey in a garage like I do. For that sort of punter a well restored car is worth a premium.

It was interesting that not one of those vehicles offered, went for a poor price.

I think I will go back down to the garage and replace the rear brakes on my 63 Daytona Hardtop and press on rewardless.

Grease Monkeys rule OK

Have a good weekend bloke

Greg

Greg Diffen
    Australian Stude nut living in Warwick, United Kingdom

1933 St Regis Brougham Model 56 Dutch delivered
    1937 Dicator sedan. Australian Body by TJ Richards
    1939 Packard Seven Passenger monster UK delivered
    1939 Commander Swiss Cabriolet by Lagenthal
    1988 Avanti Convertible

Leave a comment:

• go-studebaker
    replied
    Hi guys
    well the numbers show great results for Studebakers.
    You should all be chuffed that there are people out there prepared to 'come the heavy' with some serious cash. Weather they are of sound mind or not is another issue, but some people have money to spend and do not want to be bothered working all their days as a grease monkey in a garage like I do. For that sort of punter a well restored car is worth a premium.

It was interesting that not one of those vehicles offered, went for a poor price.

I think I will go back down to the garage and replace the rear brakes on my 63 Daytona Hardtop and press on rewardless.

Grease Monkeys rule OK

Have a good weekend bloke

Greg

Greg Diffen
    Australian Stude nut living in Warwick, United Kingdom

1933 St Regis Brougham Model 56 Dutch delivered
    1937 Dicator sedan. Australian Body by TJ Richards
    1939 Packard Seven Passenger monster UK delivered
    1939 Commander Swiss Cabriolet by Lagenthal
    1988 Avanti Convertible

Leave a comment:

• Bill Pressler
    replied
    For the Golden Hawk, I like their comment, "No Expense Spared". But I see the door handle guards are installed upside-down!

Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1

quote:Originally posted by tstclr

I guessed $47900 on the Hawk. Does it go to the closest bid without going over like The Price Is Right?

Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

64 Daytona 4dr Sedan

Leave a comment:

• Bill Pressler
    replied
    For the Golden Hawk, I like their comment, "No Expense Spared". But I see the door handle guards are installed upside-down!

Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1

quote:Originally posted by tstclr

I guessed $47900 on the Hawk. Does it go to the closest bid without going over like The Price Is Right?

Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

64 Daytona 4dr Sedan

Leave a comment:

• Anne F. Goodman
    replied
    If my calculations are correct.
    76,000 fOr the Truck
    51,000 for the Hawk
    9,900 for the Lark
    14,000 for the Bullet Nose
    150,900. Total
    But I could be Wrong wouldn't be the first time. Hmm I could be close then.

Mabel 1949 Champion
    1957 Silverhawk
    1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    Fresno,Ca

Leave a comment:

• Anne F. Goodman
    replied
    If my calculations are correct.
    76,000 fOr the Truck
    51,000 for the Hawk
    9,900 for the Lark
    14,000 for the Bullet Nose
    150,900. Total
    But I could be Wrong wouldn't be the first time. Hmm I could be close then.

Mabel 1949 Champion
    1957 Silverhawk
    1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    Fresno,Ca

Leave a comment:

• Green 53
    replied
    Wow. I never dreamed the truck would go that high. Timing is everything. The morning numbers were going cheap and in many cases good buys.
    Denny L

Leave a comment:

• Green 53
    replied
    Wow. I never dreamed the truck would go that high. Timing is everything. The morning numbers were going cheap and in many cases good buys.
    Denny L

Leave a comment:

• sntsftbll
    Guest replied
    Wow! 76 thousand! Does that mean mine jumped up oh say 100 bucks or so? Wow 76 thousand. How much do you all think that would have gone for if it wasn't at Barrett Jackson? How about on ebay, a bit less I would guess

Leave a comment:

• sntsftbll
    Guest replied
    Wow! 76 thousand! Does that mean mine jumped up oh say 100 bucks or so? Wow 76 thousand. How much do you all think that would have gone for if it wasn't at Barrett Jackson? How about on ebay, a bit less I would guess

Leave a comment:

Working...
X