No announcement yet.

Studebaker show in Brookline MA (pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker show in Brookline MA (pics)

Went to the Studebaker show at the Larz Anderson Museum in Brookline MA Sunday. was a nice day. here are some pics I took. Thanks to anyone who brought their car there! I enjoyed looking at them!

1957 Golden Hawk
    "Studebaker? they dont make them anymore"
    sigpic1957 Golden Hawk

Yes, it was a great day. We never know what weather we'll have in late October. About 35 cars showed up, including 4 very nice Packards (2 '48s and 2 '54 Carribean convertibles). There was even a very nice M5 that I had not seen before and a 1932 President State roadster.

Among the spectators, one guy driving a Porsche 911 failed to heed the NO PARKING THIS SIDE sign. He wound up sliding backwards down the hill with the wheels spinning until the back end hung up on some big rocks. It was good he stopped there because it was a long drop beyond the rocks! The tow truck hauled him out.

[img=left]http://www.studegarage.com/images/indy/gary_indycar25_vvsm.jpg[/img=left] Gary Ash
    Dartmouth, Mass.
    '32 Indy car replica (in progress)
    '48 M5
    '65 Wagonaire Commander
    '63 Wagonaire Standard
    web site at http://www.studegarage.com
    Gary Ash
    Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
    ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
    '48 M5
    '65 Wagonaire Commander
    '63 Wagonaire Standard
    web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Comment

Looks like it was a nice show with some great cars, pretty fall colors and great weather. Thanks for the pics. About the guy with the Porshe: Yikes!!!

Comment

Yes, the Larz Andersen Museum is really a nice place to have a car show. Beautiful museum.
        The VMCCA used to use that museum at its headquarters many years ago.
        Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
        Smithtown,NY
        '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
        Smithtown,NY
        Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

What a terrific Stude lineup...and nice mid-fall weather is the nicest weather there is. I don't think I've previously seen three bulletnoses side by side like that.

I especially like that 62 Lark sedan with the white roof. I keep mulling over having my 62 refinished in its original blue, but maybe with a white roof just like that...time (and finances) will tell, but I'm already convinced the old gal deserves a new coat!

S.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Steve T

What a terrific Stude lineup...and nice mid-fall weather is the nicest weather there is. I don't think I've previously seen three bulletnoses side by side like that.

I especially like that 62 Lark sedan with the white roof. I keep mulling over having my 62 refinished in its original blue, but maybe with a white roof just like that...time (and finances) will tell, but I'm already convinced the old gal deserves a new coat!

S.
            That Lark belongs to George Manoogian. Real nice guy and a real nice car, too!

Chip
            '63 Cruiser daily driver
            '57 Packard wagon on the road!
            Chip
            '63 Cruiser
            '57 Packard wagon
            '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
            '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Working...
            X