No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dan,
    It would also be a good idea to join your local SDC chapter. Make contact with folks geographically near you; spread the word what you're looking for. Often, good vehicles are sold within the local chapters without ever being offerred elsewhere.

Here's a link to Ohio area chapters:

http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/lc_OH.asp

Brad Johnson
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    33 Rockne 10
    51 commander Starlight
    53 Commander Starlight
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Dan,
      It would also be a good idea to join your local SDC chapter. Make contact with folks geographically near you; spread the word what you're looking for. Often, good vehicles are sold within the local chapters without ever being offerred elsewhere.

Here's a link to Ohio area chapters:

http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/lc_OH.asp

Brad Johnson
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      33 Rockne 10
      51 commander Starlight
      53 Commander Starlight
      Brad Johnson,
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Welcome to the asyl... I mean, club. Yeah, club, that's right.[:I](LOL) Seriously Dan, it's good to see new members in the best car club in the US.

Brad, what is that GORGEOUS black beauty?[]

Lotsa Larks!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Welcome to the asyl... I mean, club. Yeah, club, that's right.[:I](LOL) Seriously Dan, it's good to see new members in the best car club in the US.

Brad, what is that GORGEOUS black beauty?[]

Lotsa Larks!
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
          Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

It's actually Midnight Blue with black fenders. In 1932 and 33 the Rockne was a separate division of Studebaker, manufactured in Detroit.

It was a Ralph Vail/Roy Cole design for Willys-Overland. When W-O decided not to produce it, Vail and Cole sold Albert Erskine on it. It had a 190cid flathead that was destined to become the Commander Six in 1934, an engine produced in various displacements until 1961.

The Rockne was the low priced offering from the Studebaker Corporation. At that time, Studebaker also owned Pierce Arrow produced in Buffalo, NY. They had the market covered.

At the time of manufacture, the Rockne tested at a sustained 84 mph for hours on the proving ground. New price was $565.

So far, we have found almost ninety Rocknes in the world in ANY condition. Mine is totally original and just turned 56,000.

It's a twenty-footer, but I like it.

NOW THAT WE'VE TOTALLY HIJACKED DAN'S THREAD...
            Brad Johnson,
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

It's actually Midnight Blue with black fenders. In 1932 and 33 the Rockne was a separate division of Studebaker, manufactured in Detroit.

It was a Ralph Vail/Roy Cole design for Willys-Overland. When W-O decided not to produce it, Vail and Cole sold Albert Erskine on it. It had a 190cid flathead that was destined to become the Commander Six in 1934, an engine produced in various displacements until 1961.

The Rockne was the low priced offering from the Studebaker Corporation. At that time, Studebaker also owned Pierce Arrow produced in Buffalo, NY. They had the market covered.

At the time of manufacture, the Rockne tested at a sustained 84 mph for hours on the proving ground. New price was $565.

So far, we have found almost ninety Rocknes in the world in ANY condition. Mine is totally original and just turned 56,000.

It's a twenty-footer, but I like it.

NOW THAT WE'VE TOTALLY HIJACKED DAN'S THREAD...
              Brad Johnson,
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

C'mon! It's a running conversation here - not a legal library![}]

Miscreant adrift in
                the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

C'mon! It's a running conversation here - not a legal library![}]

Miscreant adrift in
                  the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I really like that last response Mr. Biggs!!! I think I will put you on my " HERO LIST "

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Comment

I really like that last response Mr. Biggs!!! I think I will put you on my " HERO LIST "

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Comment

Say Dan, have you seen this one? Sounds like it MIGHT BE a great deal! We could easily help you find the missing pieces I think.

Hit the link below and then click on "Car lot" then click "projects" and then "Studebakers" When the list of Stude projects comes up, check out that '59 Hawk! Ad talks about very minor rust and a fresh V8. Both points would save you thousands.[:0]

http://www.autabuy.com/LinkOut/index...edmuseum%2Ecom

Miscreant adrift in
                        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Say Dan, have you seen this one? Sounds like it MIGHT BE a great deal! We could easily help you find the missing pieces I think.

Hit the link below and then click on "Car lot" then click "projects" and then "Studebakers" When the list of Stude projects comes up, check out that '59 Hawk! Ad talks about very minor rust and a fresh V8. Both points would save you thousands.[:0]

Miscreant adrift in
                          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                          1960 Larkvertible V8
                          1958 Provincial wagon
                          1953 Commander coupe

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Miscreant adrift in
                            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                            1960 Larkvertible V8
                            1958 Provincial wagon
                            1953 Commander coupe

Nice car Bob, funny comment about "we don't think the engine has been started but there's no driveline Battery etc" so how could it be

John Clements
                            Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
                            Lockleys South Australia
                            John Clements
                            Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Miscreant adrift in
                              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                              1960 Larkvertible V8
                              1958 Provincial wagon
                              1953 Commander coupe

Nice car Bob, funny comment about "we don't think the engine has been started but there's no driveline Battery etc" so how could it be

John Clements
                              Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
                              Lockleys South Australia
                              John Clements
                              Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Thanks for the tip! I will see if I can find out a little more information on the car. I'm glad I joined the club--everyone has been real nice. Thanks Again!

Miscreant adrift in
                                the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                                1960 Larkvertible V8
                                1958 Provincial wagon
                                1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Working...
                                X