Free parts delivery from Al Reno to York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free parts delivery from Al Reno to York

I recently met Al Reno. He's a long-time Stude guy from right near me. For decades he collected Stude parts, and has been a very frequent lister on the Swap Page. He still has a massive stockpile, including sheet metal.

While he's always willing to ship, the exception is the sheet metal. Too hard to pack and ship, and he doesn't want to- and I don't blame him! But he's got lots of stuff- for example, Golden Hawk hoods!

So here's the deal: If you want something Al has, big or small, you can buy it and I'll bring it to Reedsville (or anywhere in between) next month free of charge. Make the deal, pay Al for it, and I'll pick it up and bring it with me. I'll be there Friday morning till Saturday afternoon.

Al will be listing some bigger pieces tonight or tomorrow. If you don't see it, ask him- he may have what you need! If you want something, get it bought and you'll have it next month!

http://www.studebakerswap.com/swap/showads.php

Al Reno
    alsmagnumgt@aol.com

Edit: See my post below

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
    Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Originally posted by bams50

So here's the deal: If you want something Al has, big or small, you can buy it and I'll bring it to Reedsville (or anywhere in between) next month free of charge.

Ok, what's the catch? We have to feed you at Hooters or listen to political jokes, or what?

As usual, running for generous, nice guy of the year. Got my vote, even if I have to eat at the same table.

Comment

He'll probably make you listen to Post Office stories!

Chip
      '63 Cruiser daily driver
      '57 Packard wagon on the road!
      Chip
      '63 Cruiser
      '57 Packard wagon
      '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
      '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

I'll print up every post about late TWs because of the USPS and read them to him while he's eating wings.[}]

Comment

Uhh, don't bother... nothing would stop my wing consumption, especially Hooters' wings[]

No catch, no cost- and no biggie; I'm coming down anyway. If somebody can use something Al's got, it helps them AND Al- seems like a deal to me! And bonus, I get to meet up with more Stude peeps[8D]

Of course, I would never turn away an order a' wings

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Al didn't have what I needed.

Comment

Here's what Al posted on the Swap Page tonight:

Studebaker 1957 Golden Hawk Original Louvered Supercharger Hood.Has miner
              bent corners otherwise in good used condition.Price is $150.00.Can be
              delivered to Reedsville.Deposit required before delivery.

Studebaker 1960 original hood.Has miner bent corners otherwise in good
              used condition.Price is $125.00.Can be delivered to Reedsville.
              Deposit required before delivery.

Studebaker 1957-1961 rear fins with chrome strips.Very good used condition.Price for the pair is $300.00.Can deliver to Reedsville.
              Deposit required before delivery.

Studebaker 1957-1961 Quarter panels.Has miner rust on each panel.Price is
              $175.00 for the pair.Can deliver to Reedsville.Deposit required before delivery.

Studebaker Lark 1963 hood.This hood only needs to be painted to the color
              of your car.Price is $50.00.Can deliver to Reedsville.Deposit required

alsmagnumgt@aol.com
              111 Malden Road
              Mattydale, New York 13211

Remember, shipping to York is FREE.

Al has parts for several models, but is particularly heavy on Hawk stuff. No idea how firm he is on prices, but seems like a reasonable guy. If needed I can stop over and look at parts for you and send you pictures. Keep an eye on the Swap Page, and definitely contact him if you need something not listed. Can't hurt to try!

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

NOTE: I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO OFFER THE FREE PARTS DELIVERY TO REEDSVILLE AFTER ALL.

Just found out we'll be in FL during the meet. Can't change it either[}] very sorry if I inconvenienced anyone besides Al[V]

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Good, you can deliver stuff to Florida! [)] BTW, I asked about a '60 hood and he said he didn't have one. [?]

Comment

quote:Originally posted by barnlark

Good, you can deliver stuff to Florida!
                    Not if you saw my caravan- 2 conversion vans, 2 minivans, 22 people and their luggage for a week. Probably couldn't fit in a lug nut[:0]

I talked to Al and we have changed it thus: Same deal applies with free delivery to YORK in March instead. We'll remind you all in February. I will offer free safe indoor storage for anything you buy, then free delivery to York in the Spring. Better than nothing I guess[:I]

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

I talked to Al and we have changed it thus: Same deal applies with free delivery to YORK in March instead. We'll remind you all in February. I will offer free safe indoor storage for anything you buy, then free delivery to York in the Spring. Better than nothing I guess[:I]

[purple]Robert (Bob) Andrews-

That is a LOT "better than nothing". It is very nice of you to make these offers.

Have a good time at Mickey's house. It sounds great having a family reunion.

Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Thank you Gary. It's really no sweat to do it. But now I know what they mean by that "ass-u-me" quip[:I] I've always known Reedsville to be the first or second weekend in November... at least in my head. I'll remember to check and not assume in the future

Al has changed his ads to "delivery to York available"; so from now to then, if somebody wants something from Al, I'll pick it up and hang onto it for you till York and bring it with me.

That GH S/C hood for $150 sounds pretty cheap to me!

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Working...
                        X