Thread Clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread Clips

Anybody know where to get the thread clips that hold the front grill assy together on a 64 lark? They look like a small acme thread and I think the major dia is about .312

Dan Giblin
    Cincinnati, OH
    Dan Giblin
    Cincinnati, OH

Thread clips or U - nuts?

Give this a minute to load...

http://www.tinnerman.com/en/products...ch&family_id=3

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1963 Cruiser
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I think they are called u clips. All of the clips on the tinnerman site are AB style threads or extruded machine threads. I think they are known as speed lead threads.

Dan Giblin
      Cincinnati, OH
      Dan Giblin
      Cincinnati, OH

Comment

I think what are describing are known generically as J-nuts. At least, that's what I call 'em on the box in my bolt bin. The ones used for Lark sheet metal did have a very square-profile thread like an Acme thread, and I believe there were two sizes, 1/4" and 5/16".

There is a weird and wonderful variety of such products. Unless you need to be scrupulously authentic for a concours car, I'd suggest simply taking specimens of the various sizes you need to an autobody supply dealer or fastener dealer, and buying the best current equivalent, and the bolts to match.

I save this stuff when I part out a car, so I usually have the exact part on hand when I need it. Once I find it, that is.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
        Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Working...
        X