Rose Mist Substitute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rose Mist Substitute

My daughter has a '63 Cruiser with Rose Mist paint and I seem to remember Cadillac had a color very close to this several years ago. Anyone remember what it was or anyone have one that is close to the Rose Mist?

I just want to buy a spray can to touch up the firewall.

Ted

I seem to recall some GM cars from the early to mid 80's that had a rose color, but dont know if it is close. Twenty years ago I had my '63 Lark 4 door repainted a 1977 Thunderbird rose color, but it lacked the brownish tone that the rosemist color has. Some auto supply stores that sell Dupli-color brand paints offer a custom mix in a spray can for $25. They take an electronic scan of your existing paint on the car and then relay it to a computer that can determine a matching mix for it. On second thought, it might not work with metallic paints...

Brent's rootbeer racer.
    MN iron ore...it does your body good.
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Five years ago, I was looking for modern paint for my 56 Parkview. I called 1-800-3dupont. Told them the original color name, and they gave me the number of a darn good match. Hopefully the phone number is still good.

Fred
      Fred

Comment

Paint can be put in a spray can at the Oreilly's I work at. Any other store can call my store and we will send it to them. They just need to call store # 31. Thanks Brian. PS cost is 15.95 per can.

Comment

'65 Chevy had an "Evening Orchid". Kind of close.

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

I had an aunt that had a mid -80s LTD that was about that shade.I think it was called Dusty Rose but don't hold me to it.Tower Paints(Oshkosh WI) hooked me up with the stock color for Sarah,in spray cans no less, so they should be able to help you.

Comment

Hi Ted,
              as mentioned, Tower Paint offers custom matched paint, at a price of $18.95 (+shipping I presume). It may be more than you care to spend, but at least it should match. Just another option

Brent's rootbeer racer.
              sigpic
              In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

If you bring in a piece of the sheet metal about the size of a gas door, a decent paint shop should be able to make a spray can for you. I just did that for our little 49 Starlight. It was about $15 total. They shot it with their camera and fed the info into the computer. They did it while I waited. I was in and out of the store in about 20 minutes. The color match is remarkable.

sals54
                sals54

Comment

There are enough rose mist Studes out there that I would think somebody would have the formula. Still as several have said a good auto paint store should be able to match it for you.

Joe Roberts
                  '61 R1 Champ
                  '65 Cruiser
                  Editor of "The Down Easterner"
                  Eastern North Carolina Chapter
                  Joe Roberts
                  '61 R1 Champ
                  '65 Cruiser

Comment

Just go to www.tcpglobal.com/autocolorlibrary Scroll down a little pick your domestic car (Stude) then you pick your year and and all the colors are listed. You can order as little or as much paint as you need. I have used them for years. And you always get the exact color. Hope this helps

Joe
                    sigpic

1962 Daytona
                    1964 Cruiser
                    And a few others

Comment

Verry good source !

fred

Comment

South Bend has a good place. Napa Ridge Co. Paint div. (just behind the stamping plant site)

Chris Dresbach
                        Chris Dresbach

Comment

Thanks everyone for the response. I just called and ordered two cans of the Rose Mist in lacquer. Cost was $55 with shipping, pretty high but worth it when considering the ease and promptness.

Anyone else wanting to get paint, I suggest going to their web site and get the auto manufacturing number and the color chip formula and then call their 800 number. For me it was much easier to call than trying to follow the maze to order on line. Of course I'm computer ignorant so probably no problem for most of you out there.

Thanks again.

Ted

quote:Originally posted by Milaca

Hi Ted,
                          as mentioned, Tower Paint offers custom matched paint, at a price of $18.95 (+shipping I presume). It may be more than you care to spend, but at least it should match. Just another option

Brent's rootbeer racer.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by irish

Just go to www.tcpglobal.com/autocolorlibrary Scroll down a little pick your domestic car (Stude) then you pick your year and and all the colors are listed. You can order as little or as much paint as you need. I have used them for years. And you always get the exact color. Hope this helps

Joe
                            Great site, but they think Studebaker ended in 1964, nothing for my '65 Cruiser.

Joe Roberts
                            '61 R1 Champ
                            '65 Cruiser
                            Editor of "The Down Easterner"
                            Joe Roberts
                            '61 R1 Champ
                            '65 Cruiser

Comment

Working...
                            X