Help to ID a pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help to ID a pickup

Ok, I've been on the forum long enough to know all the questions you guys can ask when someone asks for id help. I know nothing. This is a sentimental question.

This is my great-uncle and grandfather fixing a fence on my uncle's ranch showing a little of my uncle's Studebaker pickup. I loved that truck. I bounced ALL over the place when I rode with him. We used it to carry stakes to measure snow depths. One of his horses kicked the s**t out of the tailgate while we were hauling it from the homestead to a meadow. More memories than I can remember.

I'm just curious how much you guys might be able to tell me so I can pass the info on to younger people in my family.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

All I can tell is that it is a 2R model, which was built from '49 to '53.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
    Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Yup. 2R series - that's it.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1963 Cruiser
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks guys. That really means a lot to me. I can call it a name now. I don't have to settle for 'a' Studebaker, it's a 2R.

I really thought that I would never find out anything at all about it. As great as my memories are, I was afraid I'd go to my grave not knowing what it was. This is really big for me. I can't believe I found that pic. Like nearly all pics my family took, they were focused on the people and not the vehicle. Which is fine, but just a tad more of materialism would be nice half a century later.

Thanks.

Comment

PS - black and white photo, green truck, color memories.

Comment

Working...
          X