X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    Man, What a difference!
    You are doing an Omaha or Bust thing, and I am doing a Busted for Omaha thing

As you can see, levity is paramount when moving Studecrap....
    (Rick Courtier Photo)
    Jeff[8D]

DEEPNHOCK at Cox.net
    Ocala, FL.[u](For ONE more week!)</u>
    '37 Coupe Express (never ending project)
    '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
    '61 Hawk (project)
    http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    Man, What a difference!
    You are doing an Omaha or Bust thing, and I am doing a Busted for Omaha thing

As you can see, levity is paramount when moving Studecrap....
    (Rick Courtier Photo)
    Jeff[8D]

DEEPNHOCK at Cox.net
    Ocala, FL.[u](For ONE more week!)</u>
    '37 Coupe Express (never ending project)
    '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
    '61 Hawk (project)
    http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    "The road was rough,and so's turning 50(G)"

Give me a break, Robert![}]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    "The road was rough,and so's turning 50(G)"

Give me a break, Robert![}]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS

Leave a comment:

• Transtar56
    replied
    Iused to drive a Stude everyday in the summer,but now only have one thats in pieces. Ive managed to put another 10k on the Hog this summer so far,usually end up with 15k or so. Don't know if Ill be doing 600 mile days much anymore though. Diane and I went around the eastern end of the province last Saturday(about 600 miles),and Sunday I felt like someone had slowly and methodically beat be all over with a baseball bat. The road was rough,and so's turning 50(G)

Leave a comment:

• Transtar56
    replied
    Iused to drive a Stude everyday in the summer,but now only have one thats in pieces. Ive managed to put another 10k on the Hog this summer so far,usually end up with 15k or so. Don't know if Ill be doing 600 mile days much anymore though. Diane and I went around the eastern end of the province last Saturday(about 600 miles),and Sunday I felt like someone had slowly and methodically beat be all over with a baseball bat. The road was rough,and so's turning 50(G)

Leave a comment:

• StudeDave57
    replied
    Nope, Matt, I'm happy to say- you're not the only one driving NOTHING but Studes! I have been since I bought Sweet Pea.
    I just got back (Sunday) from a trip up to Naval Air Station Fallon, Nv. I stayed for three weeks~ had people begging for rides, and loved listening to them talk about what a nice car she is...
    On the way home Sweet Pea turned her odometer past 266,000 miles! She had 69K on her when I bought her in December 1991, and when you do the math- don't forget that in that time:

1) I've made three 6 month deployments + about 6 more months worth of 'training' cruises
    2) I was sent to Diego Garcia for a year = she was mostly parked!!!
    3) I have also been driving 'Baby' (my '57 Commander) quite a bit.

These cars were made to drive, and this is a DRIVER's Club don't you know! One of the girls I work with actually said it today in fact- "Old cars were built to last" -no kidding, that's what she said! [:0] [8D]

Here's a pic of two of my rides in front of my squadron's hanger-

http://racingstudebakers.com/copperm...up&cat=1&pos=0

I've been 'storing' Cleo on base since I bought her. She has yet to leave, but will do so in the very near future...

StudeDave [8D]
    V/P San Diego County SDC
    San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr
    '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...)
    '57 Commander 2dr
    '57 Champion 2dr
    '58 Packard sedan
    '65 Cruiser

Leave a comment:

• StudeDave57
    replied
    Nope, Matt, I'm happy to say- you're not the only one driving NOTHING but Studes! I have been since I bought Sweet Pea.
    I just got back (Sunday) from a trip up to Naval Air Station Fallon, Nv. I stayed for three weeks~ had people begging for rides, and loved listening to them talk about what a nice car she is...
    On the way home Sweet Pea turned her odometer past 266,000 miles! She had 69K on her when I bought her in December 1991, and when you do the math- don't forget that in that time:

1) I've made three 6 month deployments + about 6 more months worth of 'training' cruises
    2) I was sent to Diego Garcia for a year = she was mostly parked!!!
    3) I have also been driving 'Baby' (my '57 Commander) quite a bit.

These cars were made to drive, and this is a DRIVER's Club don't you know! One of the girls I work with actually said it today in fact- "Old cars were built to last" -no kidding, that's what she said! [:0] [8D]

Here's a pic of two of my rides in front of my squadron's hanger-

http://racingstudebakers.com/copperm...up&cat=1&pos=0

I've been 'storing' Cleo on base since I bought her. She has yet to leave, but will do so in the very near future...

StudeDave [8D]
    V/P San Diego County SDC
    San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr
    '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...)
    '57 Commander 2dr
    '57 Champion 2dr
    '58 Packard sedan
    '65 Cruiser

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I work at home so drive my 2R10 when I need to. Have a motorcycle also that I drive. Last week I hauled a yard of soil and later a yard of mulch in my truck. Drive it probably 3 or 4 times a week.

50 2R10
    Colorado

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I work at home so drive my 2R10 when I need to. Have a motorcycle also that I drive. Last week I hauled a yard of soil and later a yard of mulch in my truck. Drive it probably 3 or 4 times a week.

50 2R10
    Colorado

Leave a comment:

• sbca96
    replied
    Hey ... we could turn this thread into "post pictures of your Stude at
    work"!! I have full insurance on my Avanti, so I can drive it all I
    want, as long as it agrees.

Tom

Leave a comment:

• sbca96
    replied
    Hey ... we could turn this thread into "post pictures of your Stude at
    work"!! I have full insurance on my Avanti, so I can drive it all I
    want, as long as it agrees.

Tom

Leave a comment:

• JBOYLE
    replied
    I get the Avanti out just a couple of times a week since my collector car insurance won't let me drive it to work.
    Some evingings my wife and I head around the "block" looking at the deer and for moose (haven't seen one yet). Friday's we take the scenic route to the local pizza place. Saturday's it's the occasional car show and one Sunday a month it takes me to the local SDC meeting.

63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Leave a comment:

• JBOYLE
    replied
    I get the Avanti out just a couple of times a week since my collector car insurance won't let me drive it to work.
    Some evingings my wife and I head around the "block" looking at the deer and for moose (haven't seen one yet). Friday's we take the scenic route to the local pizza place. Saturday's it's the occasional car show and one Sunday a month it takes me to the local SDC meeting.

63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Leave a comment:

• 65cruiser
    replied
    Here's my proof I drive it everyday. In front of the old Louisville Studebaker dealer, taken a few hours ago:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X