This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often?

How often do you drive your Stude(s)? Anyone out there as crazy as me that ONLY owns/drives Studebakers? I know there's gotta at least ONE other person...

I drive my 59 P/U everyday. To school, the shop, out to eat, everywhere! I did drive the Daytona like that, but it's FINALLY down for paint/interior and the much wanted/needed front end rebuild. (New Springs; YAY!)

That has been a badge of pride for many, many Studebaker owners over the years.
    Crazy? No, not really.
    Back in the day, the Studebaker was meant for everyday driving.
    It's only been fairly recent in time that a Stude was considered a show only, or special event car or truck, and that has more to do with scarcity of parts than anything.
    BTW Matthew, I am seriously looking at a property 30 some miles from your place. I'll let you know if/when it works out.
    Jeff[8D]

DEEPNHOCK at Cox.net
    Ocala, FL.[u](For two more weeks!)</u>
    '37 Coupe Express (never ending project)
    '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
    '61 Hawk (project)
    http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock[/b][/navy]
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

That has been a badge of pride for many, many Studebaker owners over the years.
      Crazy? No, not really.
      Back in the day, the Studebaker was meant for everyday driving.
      It's only been fairly recent in time that a Stude was considered a show only, or special event car or truck, and that has more to do with scarcity of parts than anything.
      BTW Matthew, I am seriously looking at a property 30 some miles from your place. I'll let you know if/when it works out.
      Jeff[8D]

DEEPNHOCK at Cox.net
      Ocala, FL.[u](For two more weeks!)</u>
      '37 Coupe Express (never ending project)
      '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
      '61 Hawk (project)
      http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock[/b][/navy]
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I started my '61 E-28 grain truck today (for the first time since March), but did not back it out of the shed!

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond & Louisa, Va.
        Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

I started my '61 E-28 grain truck today (for the first time since March), but did not back it out of the shed!

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond & Louisa, Va.
          Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

You had to ask me that question TODAY...

nate

(did not drive my stude today.)

--
            55 Commander Starlight
            http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
            --
            55 Commander Starlight
            http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

You had to ask me that question TODAY...

nate

(did not drive my stude today.)

--
              55 Commander Starlight
              http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
              --
              55 Commander Starlight
              http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

sigpic
                Ross.
                Riverside, Ca.
                1957 Provincial X2
                1958 Transtar

Comment

sigpic
                  Ross.
                  Riverside, Ca.
                  1957 Provincial X2
                  1958 Transtar

Comment

I drove my 60 as my only car from age 15 to age 25 when I totalled it.
                    I was living in a condo at the time, & has just purchased the Avanti,
                    it had sat for many years, and was not up to the task of being a daily
                    driver. I used the insurance money to buy my 1993 Camaro Z28, and its
                    been a wonderful car, now having 226,000 miles on the clock, and the
                    heads have never even been off the engine!

I hope to one day be able to drive the Avanti as a regular driver. It
                    is going to take some effort, since my drive to work is 55 miles, ONE
                    way! Right now, needing premium fuel, and getting maybe 15 mpg, its
                    not going to win over my wallet.

Tom
                    '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                    Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                    http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                    I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

I drove my 60 as my only car from age 15 to age 25 when I totalled it.
                      I was living in a condo at the time, & has just purchased the Avanti,
                      it had sat for many years, and was not up to the task of being a daily
                      driver. I used the insurance money to buy my 1993 Camaro Z28, and its
                      been a wonderful car, now having 226,000 miles on the clock, and the
                      heads have never even been off the engine!

I hope to one day be able to drive the Avanti as a regular driver. It
                      is going to take some effort, since my drive to work is 55 miles, ONE
                      way! Right now, needing premium fuel, and getting maybe 15 mpg, its
                      not going to win over my wallet.

Tom
                      '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                      Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                      http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                      I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

I drive Mabel Everyday.Sometimes just in the mornings on work days. I ride a Motorcycle to work. Close parking 55mpg.

Mabel 1949 Champion
                        1957 Silverhawk
                        1955 Champion
                        Mabel 1949 Champion
                        Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                        Gus 1958 Transtar
                        The Prez 1955 President State
                        Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                        Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                        Fresno,Ca

Comment

I drive Mabel Everyday.Sometimes just in the mornings on work days. I ride a Motorcycle to work. Close parking 55mpg.

Mabel 1949 Champion
                          1957 Silverhawk
                          1955 Champion
                          Mabel 1949 Champion
                          Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                          Gus 1958 Transtar
                          The Prez 1955 President State
                          Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                          Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                          Fresno,Ca

Comment

Been driving the Twin sense 1970.store , school ,work, name it i drive it there.

Comment

Been driving the Twin sense 1970.store , school ,work, name it i drive it there.

Comment

Working...
                              X