Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I wanna go anywhere, it's the currently the Transtar or my thumb. Fact is, it'll take some ebay sellin's to town today for sendoff!

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

If I wanna go anywhere, it's the currently the Transtar or my thumb. Fact is, it'll take some ebay sellin's to town today for sendoff!

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President 2-dr
      1955 President State
      1951 Champion Biz cpe
      1963 Daytona project FS
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

BTW, my friend, StudeKen (Ken Pyle) - he and his wife have driven Studes for daily drivers for most of the time I've known them. Ken currently drives Edgar, his 61 station wagon. Cheryl drives a '60 Hawk.
        Another guy here locally drives a '64 Lark every day - MANY miles round trip. He's slowly building a '60 Lark wagon to replace the '64.[^]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President 2-dr
        1955 President State
        1951 Champion Biz cpe
        1963 Daytona project FS

Comment

BTW, my friend, StudeKen (Ken Pyle) - he and his wife have driven Studes for daily drivers for most of the time I've known them. Ken currently drives Edgar, his 61 station wagon. Cheryl drives a '60 Hawk.
          Another guy here locally drives a '64 Lark every day - MANY miles round trip. He's slowly building a '60 Lark wagon to replace the '64.[^]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President 2-dr
          1955 President State
          1951 Champion Biz cpe
          1963 Daytona project FS

Comment

Here's my proof I drive it everyday. In front of the old Louisville Studebaker dealer, taken a few hours ago:

Comment

Here's my proof I drive it everyday. In front of the old Louisville Studebaker dealer, taken a few hours ago:

Comment

I get the Avanti out just a couple of times a week since my collector car insurance won't let me drive it to work.
                Some evingings my wife and I head around the "block" looking at the deer and for moose (haven't seen one yet). Friday's we take the scenic route to the local pizza place. Saturday's it's the occasional car show and one Sunday a month it takes me to the local SDC meeting.

63 Avanti R1 2788
                1914 Stutz Bearcat
                (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                63 Avanti R1 2788
                1914 Stutz Bearcat
                (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

I get the Avanti out just a couple of times a week since my collector car insurance won't let me drive it to work.
                  Some evingings my wife and I head around the "block" looking at the deer and for moose (haven't seen one yet). Friday's we take the scenic route to the local pizza place. Saturday's it's the occasional car show and one Sunday a month it takes me to the local SDC meeting.

63 Avanti R1 2788
                  1914 Stutz Bearcat
                  (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                  63 Avanti R1 2788
                  1914 Stutz Bearcat
                  (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Hey ... we could turn this thread into "post pictures of your Stude at
                    work"!! I have full insurance on my Avanti, so I can drive it all I
                    want, as long as it agrees.

Tom
                    '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                    Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                    http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                    I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Hey ... we could turn this thread into "post pictures of your Stude at
                      work"!! I have full insurance on my Avanti, so I can drive it all I
                      want, as long as it agrees.

Tom
                      '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                      Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                      http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                      I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

I work at home so drive my 2R10 when I need to. Have a motorcycle also that I drive. Last week I hauled a yard of soil and later a yard of mulch in my truck. Drive it probably 3 or 4 times a week.

50 2R10
                        Colorado

Comment

I work at home so drive my 2R10 when I need to. Have a motorcycle also that I drive. Last week I hauled a yard of soil and later a yard of mulch in my truck. Drive it probably 3 or 4 times a week.

50 2R10
                          Colorado

Comment

Nope, Matt, I'm happy to say- you're not the only one driving NOTHING but Studes! I have been since I bought Sweet Pea.
                            I just got back (Sunday) from a trip up to Naval Air Station Fallon, Nv. I stayed for three weeks~ had people begging for rides, and loved listening to them talk about what a nice car she is...
                            On the way home Sweet Pea turned her odometer past 266,000 miles! She had 69K on her when I bought her in December 1991, and when you do the math- don't forget that in that time:

1) I've made three 6 month deployments + about 6 more months worth of 'training' cruises
                            2) I was sent to Diego Garcia for a year = she was mostly parked!!!
                            3) I have also been driving 'Baby' (my '57 Commander) quite a bit.

These cars were made to drive, and this is a DRIVER's Club don't you know! One of the girls I work with actually said it today in fact- "Old cars were built to last" -no kidding, that's what she said! [:0] [8D]

Here's a pic of two of my rides in front of my squadron's hanger-

http://racingstudebakers.com/copperm...up&cat=1&pos=0

I've been 'storing' Cleo on base since I bought her. She has yet to leave, but will do so in the very near future...

StudeDave [8D]
                            V/P San Diego County SDC
                            San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr
                            '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...)
                            '57 Commander 2dr
                            '57 Champion 2dr
                            '58 Packard sedan
                            '65 Cruiser
                            StudeDave '57
                            US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                            SDC Member since 1985

past President
                            Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                            San Diego Chapter SDC
                            North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Nope, Matt, I'm happy to say- you're not the only one driving NOTHING but Studes! I have been since I bought Sweet Pea.
                              I just got back (Sunday) from a trip up to Naval Air Station Fallon, Nv. I stayed for three weeks~ had people begging for rides, and loved listening to them talk about what a nice car she is...
                              On the way home Sweet Pea turned her odometer past 266,000 miles! She had 69K on her when I bought her in December 1991, and when you do the math- don't forget that in that time:

1) I've made three 6 month deployments + about 6 more months worth of 'training' cruises
                              2) I was sent to Diego Garcia for a year = she was mostly parked!!!
                              3) I have also been driving 'Baby' (my '57 Commander) quite a bit.

These cars were made to drive, and this is a DRIVER's Club don't you know! One of the girls I work with actually said it today in fact- "Old cars were built to last" -no kidding, that's what she said! [:0] [8D]

Here's a pic of two of my rides in front of my squadron's hanger-

http://racingstudebakers.com/copperm...up&cat=1&pos=0

I've been 'storing' Cleo on base since I bought her. She has yet to leave, but will do so in the very near future...

StudeDave [8D]
                              V/P San Diego County SDC
                              San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr
                              '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...)
                              '57 Commander 2dr
                              '57 Champion 2dr
                              '58 Packard sedan
                              '65 Cruiser
                              StudeDave '57
                              US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                              SDC Member since 1985

past President
                              Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                              San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                              San Diego Chapter SDC
                              North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Iused to drive a Stude everyday in the summer,but now only have one thats in pieces. Ive managed to put another 10k on the Hog this summer so far,usually end up with 15k or so. Don't know if Ill be doing 600 mile days much anymore though. Diane and I went around the eastern end of the province last Saturday(about 600 miles),and Sunday I felt like someone had slowly and methodically beat be all over with a baseball bat. The road was rough,and so's turning 50(G)

Comment

Working...
                                X