This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1962 Wagon on e-bay and in bulletin

Saw the car today,owner not present to answer questions. Car has frame off restoration completed, but I will not make an offer on it.

Curious minds would like to know why?

Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Curious minds would like to know why?

Lotsa Larks!
      Ron Smith
      Ron Smith

Comment

I sense a mint car in the add. I saw a restoration that was not mint, car has gone through the steps , but some results less than mint. Engine seemes very strong, traney I never heard a click into overdrive, car did seemed to freewheel.As I said the owner was not there and it may have been me. Paint is fresh ,some orange peal; over all, this car at less than mint price would be someones prize. Chrome looked excellent. I could not find an oil filter. Did the 259 in 1962 have a flow through oil filter? If so,I failed to see one , and the owners son even looked under the car, he could not find an oil filter. Several other easily fixable things, although I failed to get the air to work[xx(]. Again if owner had been there he may have had a touch and the air would have worked. I was hoping to get a car near mint with air. My 1955 President needs air; other wise, it meets my needs and is in closer to mint condition. Had this wagon been mint I would have struck like a bass to a hoola pooper on smooth water.

Comment

I sense a mint car in the add. I saw a restoration that was not mint, car has gone through the steps , but some results less than mint. Engine seemes very strong, traney I never heard a click into overdrive, car did seemed to freewheel.As I said the owner was not there and it may have been me. Paint is fresh ,some orange peal; over all, this car at less than mint price would be someones prize. Chrome looked excellent. I could not find an oil filter. Did the 259 in 1962 have a flow through oil filter? If so,I failed to see one , and the owners son even looked under the car, he could not find an oil filter. Several other easily fixable things, although I failed to get the air to work[xx(]. Again if owner had been there he may have had a touch and the air would have worked. I was hoping to get a car near mint with air. My 1955 President needs air; other wise, it meets my needs and is in closer to mint condition. Had this wagon been mint I would have struck like a bass to a hoola pooper on smooth water.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by curt
            Did the 259 in 1962 have a flow through oil filter?
            Late 62 V8's had the full flow system. On early 62's the partial flow oil filter was optional.

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by curt
              Did the 259 in 1962 have a flow through oil filter?
              Late 62 V8's had the full flow system. On early 62's the partial flow oil filter was optional.

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

I particularly noticed the very small pictures. No possibility of getting a good look on anything. Hmmm...

Lotsa Larks!
                Ron Smith
                Ron Smith

Comment

I particularly noticed the very small pictures. No possibility of getting a good look on anything. Hmmm...

Lotsa Larks!
                  Ron Smith
                  Ron Smith

Comment

Working...
                  X