'29 President (lots of pics!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '29 President (lots of pics!)

The South Georgia Chapter had its bi-montly chapter meeting today. It was hosted at a Sheriff's Boys Ranch. A few really nice cars showed up. We trailered the '48 Land Cruiser, which is going to a museum. (Not our car...)
    Anyways, here's a few pics of the President. It's a 1929 model. The owners drove it 1.5 hours each way, and it was the frist time the car had been out in 5 years! They also have an auto museum with four other '28-'30 Presidents! They have a '28 1/2 roadster that they drove on the Glidden tour and stopped in Omaha for the Nat'l. Meet. [8D]

Proof that they drive it. [)]

4 speed Daytona. []

We rode some of the boys there around the place, and I got to drive the Daytona. [8D]

The Avanti is a '89. This car is NICE! It's gotta be the cleanest Avanti I've ever seen...

Here's a few more pics...
    http://good-times.webshots.com/album/556997887KAuDfI

Great pictures Matt. Looks like fine weather and several sharp looking Studes. I'm particularly fond of the '29 and the RED GT!! That Avanti looks pretty good too. Makes me wish spring were here instead of the 15 degrees with ice, sleet and snow here in Kansas City this weekend.

'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
    '64 Daytona HT
    \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
    \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

Great pictures Matt. Looks like fine weather and several sharp looking Studes. I'm particularly fond of the '29 and the RED GT!! That Avanti looks pretty good too. Makes me wish spring were here instead of the 15 degrees with ice, sleet and snow here in Kansas City this weekend.

'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
      '64 Daytona HT
      \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
      \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

Hi Matt

Sweet Rig, that FH President!!!! Thanks for posting the pictures, I really like those models. What and where is the museum the owners have with four more Presidents?

I notice the President's owner has added turn signals. That should be done by all owners of cars from the days before they became standard equipment if they intend to drive their cars at all.

Reason? Because NONE of the younger generation knows what hand signals are!!!! It might be authentic to hand signal, but dangerous to life and sheet metal as most drivers currently think the driver is just being friendly.

For All Readers: If you drive your pre-turn signal equipped car much at all, Please fit a turn signals to it for your own safety and the continued protection of your car from other drivers misunderstanding of your driving intentions.

Steve

Comment

Hi Matt

Sweet Rig, that FH President!!!! Thanks for posting the pictures, I really like those models. What and where is the museum the owners have with four more Presidents?

I notice the President's owner has added turn signals. That should be done by all owners of cars from the days before they became standard equipment if they intend to drive their cars at all.

Reason? Because NONE of the younger generation knows what hand signals are!!!! It might be authentic to hand signal, but dangerous to life and sheet metal as most drivers currently think the driver is just being friendly.

For All Readers: If you drive your pre-turn signal equipped car much at all, Please fit a turn signals to it for your own safety and the continued protection of your car from other drivers misunderstanding of your driving intentions.

Steve

Comment

Thanks for sharing, Matt. Great looking cars. We have our meet today.

I also think turn signals are a good addition to early cars, but that 29 President just looks like it has screw on reflectors on the trunk, unless I missed something.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

Thanks for sharing, Matt. Great looking cars. We have our meet today.

I also think turn signals are a good addition to early cars, but that 29 President just looks like it has screw on reflectors on the trunk, unless I missed something.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

I'm not sure about the '29 having turn signals. I have no idea.
                The owners of the car and the museum are Wayne and Rosa Hadden, they own the Cairo Auto Museum in Cairo, GA. It's almost at the border of Florida. If you're in the area, it's well worth the stop to look! They also have a Studebaker Buggy on display, along with many other pre-war cars. I think one of the oldest is a 1910 Cadillac that is just beautiful.
                Oh, I think Wayne was talking about a '35 Studebaker fire truck he just bought to. He has several fire engines as well...

The red GT Hawk is a standard 289, FOM car. It is a nice one though. I helped put the trans in it last summer.

Here's the only pic I took of it. [:I]

Here's another of the '29.

The red/black truck is a '49. It has a 383 Chrysler engine under the hood. It even has suicide doors.

Matthew Burnette
                Hazlehurst, Georgia
                '59 Scotsman PU
                '63 Daytona HT

Comment

I'm not sure about the '29 having turn signals. I have no idea.
                  The owners of the car and the museum are Wayne and Rosa Hadden, they own the Cairo Auto Museum in Cairo, GA. It's almost at the border of Florida. If you're in the area, it's well worth the stop to look! They also have a Studebaker Buggy on display, along with many other pre-war cars. I think one of the oldest is a 1910 Cadillac that is just beautiful.
                  Oh, I think Wayne was talking about a '35 Studebaker fire truck he just bought to. He has several fire engines as well...

The red GT Hawk is a standard 289, FOM car. It is a nice one though. I helped put the trans in it last summer.

Here's the only pic I took of it. [:I]

Here's another of the '29.

The red/black truck is a '49. It has a 383 Chrysler engine under the hood. It even has suicide doors.

Matthew Burnette
                  Hazlehurst, Georgia
                  '59 Scotsman PU
                  '63 Daytona HT

Comment

Working...
                  X