thanks for info on my 62 lark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanks for info on my 62 lark

i'd like to thank jim of lewistown and john of clinton .i now know the history of my 62 lark daytona..my search is over .thanks a lot...

Rick,

It's good to hear that you were able to find some history of your Daytona. I was able to find the names of all seven other owners of my '64 Daytona, and have met four of them. I would suggest that you may want to get a copy of the build sheet for your car from the Studebaker Museum.

Since you're in the western PA area, I would also suggest that you join the SDC Allegheny Region Chapter. I hear that they're a fine bunch of folks, JWW included.

Jim Bradley
    Lewistown PA
    '78 Avanti II
    Jim Bradley
    Lake Monticello, VA
    '78 Avanti II
    sigpic

Comment

Rick,

Was it Gary's car at one time?

JB, always a kidder.
      JWW

Comment

JIM AND JWW YES THAT WAS GARYS CAR...THAT WAS GREAT FINDING THAT OUT..
        OF COURSE GARY TOLD ME THAT THAT WAS MADE UP OF THREE CARS...
        BODY CAME FROM INDANAPLIS AND WAS SOLID WITH NO RUST.WHAT REALLY SURPRISED ME IS WHEN HE TOLD ME THAT WAS A BRAND SPANKING NEW MOTOR IN IT...WOW...HE SAID IT MAY HAVE HAD 500 MILES ON IT WHEN HE SOLD IT TO THAT WOMEN.I KNOW SHE DID NOT DRIVE IT FOR ABOUT A YEAR AND HALF BECAUSE SHE HAD A BAD BACK..THEN SHE PASSED AWAY AND 6 MONTHS LATER SOMEONE ASKED ME IF A WANTED TO BUY A 4 DOOR STUDEBAKER.I SAID NOPE..I LIKED HARDTOPS..2 MONTHS LATER HE SAID THE EXCECTOR OF HER ESTATE STILL HAD THE CAR AND WANTED TO GET RID OF IT.SO I WENT DOWN TO LOOK AT IT REALLY NOT EVEN THINKING OF BUYING IT.WHEN I SEEN THAT SHINEY TEAL SO THAND WHITE AND CHROME MY HEART SKIPPED A BEAT..I CHECKED IT OUT AND SAID I WOULD TAKE IT BUT DID NOT BRING MONEY.I TOLD HER I WOULD BE DOWN MONDAY TO GET IT .SO THATS HOW I FINALLY GOT A CLASSIC...
        HEY JWW WAS THAT YOU UP THE PICNIC AT SCENIC VIEW?????
        I DO BELONG TO THE LOCAL CHAPTER THAT CHESTER AND THE BUCKS BELONG TO...
        MY QUEST IS OVER................THANKS TO YOU GUYS

Comment

Rick,

Yep that was me at Penn View. Drove my Wagonaire up there. Never been there before, but found it to be a beautiful setting. Just glad that I wasn't driving one of those tour buses down into that place.

I didn't realize that you had joined the Allegheny Region Chapter. Looking forward to meeting you at one of our meets. Did you get a Newshawk (newsletter) yet. Our fall tour is October 9 -- 11 around western PA taking in the fall foilage and seeing the sights. I can email you the details or give me a call 724-899-2440.
          JWW

Comment

I thought that I had seen Rick's Daytona somewhere else, but couldn't recall where. Then I flipped my official 2009 Madd Doodler Studebaker calendar to November, and there it is. Great looking car!

Jim Bradley
            Lewistown PA
            '78 Avanti II
            Jim Bradley
            Lake Monticello, VA
            '78 Avanti II
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X