Anyone have a 58 Champion 2 door?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a 58 Champion 2 door?

Does anyone on the forum have a 58 Champion 2 door sedan? If so could they post somepictures of it? thanks in advance.

Not mine, but here's one.

Craig

Comment

Here's my old junk...

She's sportin' a 259/FOM now and I'm getting closer to stock with all the correct emblems and missing trim reinstalled. Sure is a decent cruiser!

Do you have one of these raritys? Lets see it!!

T.J. Fletcher
      North Atlanta, Ga
      1958 Champion 2-door sedan
      T.J. Fletcher
      North Atlanta, Ga

Comment

T.J., were you in Alpharetta today? A buddy of mine called to tell me he saw the back end of a black '58 Stude speeding away in front of him.

Matthew Burnette
        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Yeah, sure was... I have the day off today and I was out running errands. As I'm sure you know, those 58's sure get a lot of attention! How's yours runnin?

T.J. Fletcher
          North Atlanta, Ga
          T.J. Fletcher
          North Atlanta, Ga

Comment

Small world. The Commander is doing fine, thanks. [8D]

Matthew Burnette
            Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by vintageblueoval
              She's sportin' a 259/FOM now and I'm getting closer to stock with all the correct emblems and missing trim reinstalled. Sure is a decent cruiser!
              Did they ever make any F-body Commanders in 1958; either as a special order or export?

Craig

Comment

Craig, 44 58B-F1s were built in Hamilton. There were also 152 Marshal F1s built in So. Bend.

The Champion F4 like TJ has - there were only 1,455 built total.

5859, what happened to the pink and white one near you? The one you could see from 198 - it set collecting dust in the driveway of a pink and white bungalow.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1963 Cruiser
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe
                1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Craig, 44 58B-F1s were built in Hamilton. There were also 152 Marshal F1s built in So. Bend.
                  Thanks for the information. I am aware of the small number of F1 Scotsman trimmed V8's. I am asking if there were any F4 Commanders that year since I don't believe that question has been answered before.

Craig

Comment

Yes, and I answered with what 2-dr Commanders had been built. Even tho their Scotsmans, their 58B bodies and their 58 Commander serial numbers would seem to make them more Commanders than Scotsmans. Marshals actually.

No, no 58B-F4s were assembled. Not for domestic distribution and not for export.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1963 Cruiser
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe
                    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks for the pictures. Mr Biggs, I don't know what ever happened to that 58. I stopped a few years ago and asked if it was for sale, but was told no. It disapeared not too long after that. It was actually in pretty nice shape, I do wonder what happened to it though.

Comment

Working...
                      X